Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Deactivating HACMP without deinstall Post 302816689 by depam on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 12:00:22 PM
Old 06-04-2013
It has come to a decision now to making the OS standalone for now as there is *not* much time to troubleshoot / correct the cluster configuration. Even removing the cluster fileset is not acceptable. Looking at the cluster resources and verify logs, which seemed to be running every midnight, it looks healthy (though I can't really say much as I have never seen the resource group working). All the while its a cluster without a substance having clcomd running and RG (meaning VG, FS mounted normally, apps started manually) and downtime not as generous. As much as possible, I want the cluster to be taken out completely if that will be the direction but even so, they can only give me a 5 minute window for a reboot.

My question lives wherein will below suffice in taking out the cluster service and no "dead man switch" or that can take over the system and have it just crash:

1.) Comment out / Take out cluster startups (harc.net, telinit, clcomd) from inittab
2.) Set the VGs to be varied on upon boot, filesystem be mounted automatically
3.) Putting the service IP as alias to one interface
4.) Reboot machine

Maybe until they can migrate to a new box with a more intensive tests done before rolling it out and see to it that failover testing needs to be done if need be and of course resource group failing over the way it should be. It may sound like a irresponsible move now but the uptime is more important as of this 5.2 setup. They *think* its a risk even starting the cluster thus a decision to making it standalone as that it functions currently all manual. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HACMP in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody advice whether it is possible to configure HACMP in HP-UX Server. To my knowledge HACMP is IBM Solution. Thanks && Regards, N. Poorna Chandra Rao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npcrao
2 Replies

2. AIX

deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

Hello, I am trying to "deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte" fileset from an AIX5.3 box. Have been unsuccessful so far. "smit remove" threw the below error: FAILURES -------- Filesets listed in this section failed pre-deinstall verification and will not be removed. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronykris
2 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP

Hi, Can we use network for heartbeat, I mean can we use different network card for heartbeat. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP

hi can anyone explain the concepts of HACMP and configuration (step by step) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP

Does anyone has idea about, what is the ibm standard HACMP trip interval? We have 20 second. lssrc -ls topsvcs Subsystem Group PID Status topsvcs topsvcs 1843200 active Network Name Indx Defd Mbrs St Adapter ID Group ID HB Interval =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: allwin
7 Replies

7. AIX

Help with HACMP

Hi. We have a two node HA cluster. We got a request to change one of the VG name? Is there an option to do this online ? If it requires downtime can someone please explain me the steps for doing it ? Let me know if you need any outputs from the servers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. AIX

Hacmp

Hi, I have question about HA. I have 2 node cluster (node A and node B). I have configured network and disk HB. If my network is up and i remove both the fc cables from node A will my cluster failover to node B? I have checked and its not working, if i want my cluster to failover in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
5 Replies

9. Solaris

./deinstall: Exited from program error

I am wondering if I can get some help here. I am deinstalling Oracle home on solaris. Downloaded deintsall zip file from oracle and then ran ./deinstall -home (Full Path) 10 seconds later I get this: Any idea how to resolve this issue? $ ./deinstall -home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
4 Replies

10. AIX

Hacmp

hello ive 2 nodes aix 6100-04-10-1119 with hacmp 6.1.0.0 my qustion is : can i add default gateway to one member node with hacmp a live or to do take over to realse one of the members ? thanks When it is urgent, then open the thread up in the appropriate subforum next time, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
3 Replies
cmhaltcl(1m)															      cmhaltcl(1m)

NAME
cmhaltcl - halt a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmhaltcl [-f] [-v] DESCRIPTION
cmhaltcl causes all nodes in a configured cluster to stop their cluster daemons, optionally halting all packages or applications in the process. To stop a cluster, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1). This command will halt all the daemons on all currently running systems. If the user only wants to shutdown a subset of daemons, the cmhaltnode command should be used instead. Options cmhaltcl supports the following options: -f Force the cluster to shutdown even if packages or group members are currently running. This will cause the packages and group members to be halted. If a package halt fails, the cluster halt will also fail. -v Verbose output will be displayed. RETURN VALUE
cmhaltcl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Halt the cluster daemons: cmhaltcl AUTHOR
cmhaltcl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmhaltcl(1m)