Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU with long hours in top, is this bad? Post 302816481 by newbie_01 on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 04:39:14 AM
Old 06-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
When you say 43 databases, do you mean that there are 43 SIDs running and therefore 43 pmon processes? If this is the case, then I'm not surprised that the process you are seeing has lots of work to do, just keeping track of them all.

If you mean 43 schemas in one SID (one pmon process) then this is a little more worrying, but I suppose the question is "Are you seeing any performance problems?"

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

Hi,

There are 43 SIDs and therefore 43 pmon processes.

We are not seeing performance issue per se, but most of the times, OEM just times out and some of the databases when you check on OEM are in an unknown state.

And on the database server, if I try to do emctl clearstate to clear up the unknown, it returns with a Timeout Smilie-

Last edited by newbie_01; 06-04-2013 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: more info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual CPU's and 'top'

Hi have just built a new sunfire 280r with solaris 9 and i Have 2 questions 1) where can i view some information that will tell me for definate that the 2*900 mhz processors are both being used, i tried using "top" but it doesnt tell me for sure that both processors are churning away together ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

N00b question on CPU % in top

I have a process in my TOP output that is consistantly at 97% usage. I have 16 CPUs on my box. So is the 97% the cumalative usage of all the CPUs or just one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

top %CPU.

I am using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon), 2.4.21-4.EL. When I see the output of the command 'top'. I am getting the following ************************************************************************************ 2 processes: 227 sleeping, 5 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

5. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

6. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Long running thread limited to 1.5% cpu

I have some long running threads on a T5220 / Solaris 10 box and it seems they never get more then 1.5% of cpu per thread. Is there a way to give a thread more cpu on the T5220's? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcthreader
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Help me Solaris 10&11 cpu load average states for 24 hours report

need to capture the following data on an hourly basis without cronjob scheduling in Solaris 5.10/5.11:- 1. load averages 2. Total no. of processes. 3. CPU state 4. Memory 5. Top 3 process details. any other third-party tool is available? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoranam
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Understanding cpu consumption with TOP

Hi please see attached picture of the TOP command. the "java" process seem to consume 700% of cpu is that mean that he uses 100% of every 7 cpu cores? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies
CIFS.IDMAP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     CIFS.IDMAP(8)

NAME
cifs.idmap - Userspace helper for mapping ids for Common Internet File System (CIFS) SYNOPSIS
cifs.idmap [--version|-v] {keyid} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the cifs-utils suite. cifs.idmap is a userspace helper program for the linux CIFS client filesystem. There are a number of activities that the kernel cannot easily do itself. This program is a callout program that does these things for the kernel and then returns the result. cifs.idmap is generally intended to be run when the kernel calls request-key(8) for a particular key type. While it can be run directly from the command-line, it is not generally intended to be run that way. cifs.idmap works in conjuction with winbind facility of Samba suite to map owner and group SIDs to uids and gids respectively. It is best utilized when - a mount option of cifsacl is specified when mounting a cifs share - winbind is specified as one of the search entries for passwd and group databases in file /etc/nsswitch.conf - file smb.conf has winbind specific entries - winbind daemon program is running In case winbind and cifs.idmap facilities are unavailable, file objects in a mounted share are assigned uid and gid of the credentials of the process that mounted the share. So it is strongly recomemended to use mount options of uid and gid to specify a default uid and gid to map owner SIDs and group SIDs respectively in case services of winbind and cifs.idmap facility are unavailable. OPTIONS
--version|-v Print version number and exit. CONFIGURATION FOR KEYCTL
cifs.idmap is designed to be called from the kernel via the request-key callout program. This requires that request-key be told where and how to call this program. Currently cifs.idmap handles a key type of: cifs.idmap This keytype is for mapping a SID to either an uid or a gid To make this program useful for CIFS, you will need to set up entry for it in request-key.conf(5). Here is an example of an entry for this key type: #OPERATION TYPE D C PROGRAM ARG1 ARG2... #========= ============= = = ================================ create cifs.idmap * * /usr/sbin/cifs.idmap %k See request-key.conf(5) for more info on each field. NOTES
Support for upcalls to cifs.idmap was initially introduced in the 3.0 kernel. SEE ALSO
request-key.conf(5), mount.cifs(8) AUTHOR
Shirish Pargaonkar wrote the cifs.idmap program. The Linux CIFS Mailing list is the preferred place to ask questions regarding these programs. cifs-utils 05/26/2011 CIFS.IDMAP(8)