Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern Post 302816429 by 100bees on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 01:14:47 AM
Old 06-04-2013
Thanks, using your approach , i could achieve the desired result.I have set flags for each condition and iterated it to next field.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am trying to find pattern between two words but unable to get that pattern..

HI.... It's fallow up file .. #./show.sh click enter button.. i am gettng the fallowup file. its keep on running every time why because there are lots of users working on it. In that file i want to search pattern between two words for ex: SELECT DISTINCT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to match a pattern and print only the pattern and after that

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ...... .......xyz: abz: ..... I have tried using awk and cut, bu the position of these values keep changing, so I can use awk and split it into columns. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)							 1						       FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)

fbsql_field_type - Get the type of the specified field in a result

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_field_type (resource $result, [int $field_offset]) DESCRIPTION
fbsql_field_type(3) is similar to the fbsql_field_name(3) function, but the field type is returned instead. PARAMETERS
o $ result -A result identifier returned by fbsql_query(3) or fbsql_db_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical offset of the field. The field index starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns the field type, as a string. This can be one of int, real, string, blob, and others as detailed in the FrontBase documentation. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_field_type(3) example <?php fbsql_connect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", ""); fbsql_select_db("wisconsin"); $result = fbsql_query("SELECT * FROM onek;"); $fields = fbsql_num_fields($result); $rows = fbsql_num_rows($result); $i = 0; $table = fbsql_field_table($result, $i); echo "Your '" . $table . "' table has " . $fields . " fields and " . $rows . " records <br />"; echo "The table has the following fields <br />"; while ($i < $fields) { $type = fbsql_field_type($result, $i); $name = fbsql_field_name($result, $i); $len = fbsql_field_len($result, $i); $flags = fbsql_field_flags($result, $i); echo $type . " " . $name . " " . $len . " " . $flags . "<br />"; $i++; } fbsql_close(); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_field_name(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)