Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern Post 302816429 by 100bees on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 01:14:47 AM
Old 06-04-2013
Thanks, using your approach , i could achieve the desired result.I have set flags for each condition and iterated it to next field.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am trying to find pattern between two words but unable to get that pattern..

HI.... It's fallow up file .. #./show.sh click enter button.. i am gettng the fallowup file. its keep on running every time why because there are lots of users working on it. In that file i want to search pattern between two words for ex: SELECT DISTINCT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to match a pattern and print only the pattern and after that

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ...... .......xyz: abz: ..... I have tried using awk and cut, bu the position of these values keep changing, so I can use awk and split it into columns. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
XML::LibXML::Pattern(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   XML::LibXML::Pattern(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Pattern - XML::LibXML::Pattern - interface to libxml2 XPath patterns SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; my $pattern = new XML::LibXML::Pattern('/x:html/x:body//x:div', { 'x' => 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' }); # test a match on a XML::LibXML::Node $node if ($pattern->matchesNode($node)) { ... } # or on a XML::LibXML::Reader if ($reader->matchesPattern($pattern)) { ... } # or skip reading all nodes that do not match print $reader->nodePath while $reader->nextPatternMatch($pattern); $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new( pattern, { prefix => namespace_URI, ... } ); $bool = $pattern->matchesNode($node); DESCRIPTION
This is a perl interface to libxml2's pattern matching support http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-pattern.html. This feature requires recent versions of libxml2. Patterns are a small subset of XPath language, which is limitted to (disjunctions of) location paths involving the child and descendant axes in abbreviated form as described by the extended BNF given below: Selector ::= Path ( '|' Path )* Path ::= ('.//' | '//' | '/' )? Step ( '/' Step )* Step ::= '.' | NameTest NameTest ::= QName | '*' | NCName ':' '*' For readability, whitespace may be used in selector XPath expressions even though not explicitly allowed by the grammar: whitespace may be freely added within patterns before or after any token, where token ::= '.' | '/' | '//' | '|' | NameTest Note that no predicates or attribute tests are allowed. Patterns are particularly useful for stream parsing provided via the "XML::LibXML::Reader" interface. new() $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new( pattern, { prefix => namespace_URI, ... } ); The constructor of a pattern takes a pattern expression (as described by the BNF grammar above) and an optional HASH reference mapping prefixes to namespace URIs. The method returns a compiled pattern object. Note that if the document has a default namespace, it must still be given an prefix in order to be matched (as demanded by the XPath 1.0 specification). For example, to match an element "<a xmlns="http://foo.bar"</a>", one should use a pattern like this: $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new( 'foo:a', { foo => 'http://foo.bar' }); matchesNode($node) $bool = $pattern->matchesNode($node); Given a XML::LibXML::Node object, returns a true value if the node is matched by the compiled pattern expression. SEE ALSO
XML::LibXML::Reader for other methods involving compiled patterns. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
1.70 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-07 XML::LibXML::Pattern(3)