Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need equialent command for batch scripts Post 302816297 by jim mcnamara on Monday 3rd of June 2013 03:28:38 PM
Old 06-03-2013
If your system is setup up normally cron, at, and batch all can run
Code:
tail -1

It WILL NOT appear on your screen. Exactly what command did you use to set up your batch so it will execute ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Batch command

Hi All I have a need due time constraint to issue the mail command in background. I have a script that sends a message to a mail address as follows :- echo "$MLINE" | mail -s "$HOST - $TEXT" name@co.com & The script runs frequently and I check to see if the script is active and if it is , it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch command in a shell script

How do I execute a batch command from a script, which "waits" with the next command until the first one has finished? ======= A piece of my script looks like this: #!/bin/sh (...) # run a long batch job: ./run_calculation.sh # then rename resulting file: mv output.dat backup.dat (...) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivvo
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I run scripts in my unix account from batch file in Windows?

Hi all, I'm working on Windows, connecting to my Unix account by different ways: by FTP opening files in UltraEdit32, by mapping drive to browse, by Exceed or Telnet to compile at Unix account. Actually, that is what I would like to change: I'd like to make a batch file which would connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olgafb
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts automatically without using Batch or at commands

I have been trying to run a unix script which contains many sql statements.I need to run this script every monday morning. I tried to run on command prompt, it works fine. But while I run it via batch or at command., it returns with library module could not be loaded (libcompat.1.o could not be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Add password to batch command?

hello, I'd like a batch command to prompt me for a password when I try to use it, and only work if I type in the correct password, can this be done? thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Killalot57
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HowTo translate KSH Scripts to DOS Batch Files ?

Hi there, in near future I have to change my work surrounding from HP UNIX to Windows Vista (great to get rid of old hardware :), but bad to loose UNIX :( ). As I heavily use KSH scripts to do my job, I was wondering, if there is any HowTo available, supporting me in re-writing the scripts to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe-K7
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to batch-processing numerous shell scripts?

How to batch-processing numerous shell scripts? how to record the result of all the scripts as a report? then, I can analysis the process result. I want to process numerous shell scripts in my working directory: the directory name is consistent with shell scripts name, that is to say,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qcmao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write BTEQ batch scripts in UNIX?

Hi All, I need to write Unix shell script. To star with : I need to do some file checking on unix file system, then based on file existance, I need to run diff SQL in Teradata Bteq. After that, depending on Results of SQL, I need to code other shell scripting like moving file, within same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
4 Replies
GIT-CAT-FILE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-CAT-FILE(1)

NAME
git-cat-file - Provide content or type and size information for repository objects SYNOPSIS
git cat-file (-t | -s | -e | -p | <type> | --textconv ) <object> git cat-file (--batch | --batch-check) < <list-of-objects> DESCRIPTION
In its first form, the command provides the content or the type of an object in the repository. The type is required unless -t or -p is used to find the object type, or -s is used to find the object size, or --textconv is used (which implies type "blob"). In the second form, a list of objects (separated by linefeeds) is provided on stdin, and the SHA1, type, and size of each object is printed on stdout. OPTIONS
<object> The name of the object to show. For a more complete list of ways to spell object names, see the "SPECIFYING REVISIONS" section in gitrevisions(7). -t Instead of the content, show the object type identified by <object>. -s Instead of the content, show the object size identified by <object>. -e Suppress all output; instead exit with zero status if <object> exists and is a valid object. -p Pretty-print the contents of <object> based on its type. <type> Typically this matches the real type of <object> but asking for a type that can trivially be dereferenced from the given <object> is also permitted. An example is to ask for a "tree" with <object> being a commit object that contains it, or to ask for a "blob" with <object> being a tag object that points at it. --textconv Show the content as transformed by a textconv filter. In this case, <object> has be of the form <treeish>:<path>, or :<path> in order to apply the filter to the content recorded in the index at <path>. --batch Print the SHA1, type, size, and contents of each object provided on stdin. May not be combined with any other options or arguments. --batch-check Print the SHA1, type, and size of each object provided on stdin. May not be combined with any other options or arguments. OUTPUT
If -t is specified, one of the <type>. If -s is specified, the size of the <object> in bytes. If -e is specified, no output. If -p is specified, the contents of <object> are pretty-printed. If <type> is specified, the raw (though uncompressed) contents of the <object> will be returned. If --batch is specified, output of the following form is printed for each object specified on stdin: <sha1> SP <type> SP <size> LF <contents> LF If --batch-check is specified, output of the following form is printed for each object specified on stdin: <sha1> SP <type> SP <size> LF For both --batch and --batch-check, output of the following form is printed for each object specified on stdin that does not exist in the repository: <object> SP missing LF GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-CAT-FILE(1)