Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Async webpage read
Top Forums Programming Async webpage read Post 302816131 by Corona688 on Monday 3rd of June 2013 11:02:09 AM
Old 06-03-2013
Code:
wget -q -O - http://website/stuff.txt | while read LINE
do
        echo "got $LINE"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

async vs sync shells

I am calling a shell script using PL/SQL stored procedures. This works great but I need the calls to be run synchronously and not asynchronously. I need the shell script to finish before returning control back to the procedure. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ted5547
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Async or Sync I/O on NFS ?

Solaris 2.8 I know regular filesystems use Async I/O on Solaris 2.8. Does anybody know if NFS uses Sync I/O or Async I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marist89
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Async DNS request

Yes, really can't find anything about this. Can anyone suggest a way, how to do it? This is really what I need for. I need for may be list of system calls to read about or probably some C\C++ sources... Please, help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LocalStorm
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to Write Linux Friendly Async Socket I/O

I am presently refactoring a windows deamon with an eye towards porting it to linux someday. Presently the application uses a single background thread and asynchronous socket I/O to implement FTP and HTTP clients in a single switch statement (2000 lines and 100 cases just for the switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Difference between sync & async in nfs

Hi All.... This is related to exporting a file system through nfs. Just wanted to understand the significance of sync/async in nfs. We give this entry in /etc/export file. What is the difference between these two. Any hep is appreciated. Regards, Amol. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
2 Replies

6. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

7. Solaris

see if async i/o is enabled in Solaris 9

Hi guys. This may be a stupid question but I am trying to see if my Solaris 9 server has async i/o enabled... Is there a quick way to determine this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read webpage from shell script

Hey experts, I am trying to read a webpage and want to search for a text patter (case insensitive). Please help me acquire this. If the text is found i will receive a mail which can be hardcoded in the script. I am not a big fan of using PERL script. Please help. Machine: AIX... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read version from a webpage and Upgrading the file.

Hi, I am trying to read version from a web url like <url/daily-builds/sdk-3.2.v20140312170355-osx.zip> and download and store in my filesystem if its the latest. Kindly help me how to read version 3.2.v20140312170355 and compare same with a folder named similar in my directory and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pragyarastogi
1 Replies

10. AIX

Disable async IO at OS level

Hi , User claims that report refresh is taking longer time than usual time and asking us to disable async IO at OS level. 1 DB is running in this server This is prod server OS -- AIX My question is would there be an impact to database and server if we disable async IO in OS? is this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies
RNANO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RNANO(1)

NAME
rnano - Restricted mode for Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone SYNOPSIS
rnano [OPTIONS] [[+LINE,COLUMN] FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the rnano command. nano is a small, free and friendly editor which aims to replace Pico, the default editor included in the non-free Pine package. Rather than just copying Pico's look and feel, nano also implements some missing (or disabled by default) features in Pico, such as "search and replace" and "go to line and column number". rnano is a restricted version of nano, which only edits specific files and doesn't allow the user access to the filesystem or a command shell. In restricted mode, nano will not: o read or write to any file not specified on the command line; o read any nanorc files; o allow suspending; o allow a file to be appended to, prepended to, or saved under a different name; o use backup files or spell checking. OPTIONS
+LINE,COLUMN Places cursor at line number LINE and column number COLUMN (at least one of which must be specified) on startup, instead of the default of line 1, column 1. -? Same as -h (--help). -h (--help) Show a summary of command line options and exit. -V (--version) Show the current version number and exit. See the nano(1) manpage for the complete documentation of nano. BUGS
Please send any comments or bug reports to nano@nano-editor.org. The nano mailing list is available from nano-devel@gnu.org. To subscribe, email to nano-devel-request@gnu.org with a subject of "subscribe". HOMEPAGE
http://www.nano-editor.org/ AUTHOR
Chris Allegretta <chrisa@asty.org>, et al (see AUTHORS for details). This manual page was originally written by Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). August 23, 2007 version 2.0.0 RNANO(1)