Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete all files with specific extension in directory tree Post 302816063 by MadeInGermany on Monday 3rd of June 2013 08:45:37 AM
Old 06-03-2013
Further, the -exec file {} \; -exec rm -i {} \; is tailored for interactive use,
while -type f -exec rm -f {} \; is tailored for scripts.

BTW -delete is a new option in new find versions. Would be more efficient if thousands of files are deleted.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files in specific directory

i have a directory "ABC" with lots of old files and sub directories in it. the issue now is i want to delete away files which are older than 15 days in "ABC" without deleting the files in the sub directories and without deleting the sub directory. i tried using find command but it will drill down... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get files with a specific extension

Hi All, How do I get only the files with the .csv extension. I have a shell script something like below: #!/usr/bin/ #Directory to scan for files SCANDIR="/cmb/data/exstream/scriptslogs/"; LOGFILE="/cmb/data/exstream/scriptslogs/test.log"; cd $SCANDIR for FILE in * ; do FILENAME=$FILE... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I delete all files except one of a certain extension?

Let's say I wanna Delete all the files of a certain extension exept one. How do I do it? I know, if you wanna delete them all is with the command: find ~/ -type f -iname '*.txt' -exec rm {} ~/ ';' But If I want to keep an Specific file? Let's say I wanna keep 'Log.txt'. How do I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsteamer
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific directory parsing in a directory tree

Hi friends, Hello again :) i got stuck in problem. Is there any way to get a special directory from directory tree? Here is my problm.." Suppose i have one fix directory structure "/abc/xyz/pqr/"(this will be fix).Under this directory structure i have some other directory and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies
AA-EXEC(8)							     AppArmor								AA-EXEC(8)

NAME
aa-exec - confine a program with the specified AppArmor profile SYNOPSIS
aa-exec [options] [--] [<command> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-exec is used to launch a program confined by the specified profile and or namespace. If both a profile and namespace are specified command will be confined by profile in the new policy namespace. If only a namespace is specified, the profile name of the current confinement will be used. If neither a profile or namespace is specified command will be run using standard profile attachment (ie. as if run without the aa-exec command). If the arguments are to be pasted to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec then -- should be used to separate aa-exec arguments from the command. aa-exec -p profile1 -- ls -l OPTIONS aa-exec accepts the following arguments: -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE confine <command> with PROFILE. If the PROFILE is not specified use the current profile name (likely unconfined). -n NAMESPACE, --namespace=NAMESPACE use profiles in NAMESPACE. This will result in confinement transitioning to using the new profile namespace. -f FILE, --file=FILE a file or directory containing profiles to load before confining the program. -i, --immediate transition to PROFILE before doing executing <command>. This subjects the running of <command> to the exec transition rules of the current profile. -v, --verbose show commands being performed -d, --debug show commands and error codes -- Signal the end of options and disables further option processing. Any arguments after the -- are treated as arguments of the command. This is useful when passing arguments to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
aa-stack(8), aa-namespace(8), apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa_change_profile(3), aa_change_onexec(3) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-EXEC(8)