Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automate multiple commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automate multiple commands Post 302815959 by jaiseaugustine on Monday 3rd of June 2013 01:07:16 AM
Old 06-03-2013
The outfile.txt must atleast contain the below three lines since you are appending these strings.
Quote:
AAA
AAB
AAC
Try debugging the script by adding 'set -x', just after the first line and run it.

Paste here the terminal o/p.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automate Script using pkgrm/pkgadd commands

This is my first post so hello to all of you! I have a script in bash-3.00 that needs to execute the following: pkgrm (to remove an existing package) pkgadd -d ( to install a new package) The problem is that both commands prompt me to answer either y,n or q in order to proceed with... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insight
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate ftpget to multiple hosts

Hi Folks, I have scanned the threads all day and have not found anything close enugh to what I need. I'm probably more confused now than before. Here's what I'm trying to do: 1. automate for running in the early am. (I think I can handle the cron part) 2. get the newest file from a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntfishtrap
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple commands

Hi, I have multiple commands that i need to run daily on my Solaris servers and watch the output, and actually i do it as multi-tasking. I do not want to put all of them in the file, and run it, and get the entire output at one time. What i want is that it should ask for before it runs next... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting Help to automate replacing multiple lines

Background: I am writing a script to help me automate tweaks and things I apply to a custom Android rom I developed. I am on the very last part of my script, and I am stuck trying to find the right command to do what I seek. When I build roms from source, a file called updater-script is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silverlink34
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with commands to automate.

HI, In some test cases, I used tools like "dd" and "shed" to manually read a block from the disk, modify it using a hex editor and write it back using "dd". I need help with some linux commands I can use to read the block and change the data to induce the corruption....as I want to automate my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate an application using scripting, managing multiple terminals

Hi I am new to Ubuntu and Bash scripting. I am working on a project to give a demo on an SDN application to my class. I need some help in scripting to create the demo. Please help in case if you have any idea on what am asking. The demo uses a tool called mininet. I need just one script so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass Multiple Commands and Open Multiple Xterms via PSS

Hello, I'm attempting to open multiple xterms and run a command as an SAP user via sudo using PSSH. So far, I'm able to run PSSH to a file of servers with no check for keys, open every xterm in to the servers in the file list, and SUDO to the SAP(ADM) user, but it won't do anything else... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
11 Replies

10. Open Source

Help with writing Shell Script to automate process using multiple commands

Hello! Need help to write a Linux script that can be run from windows using command/Cygwin/any other way. I am new to scripting, actually i am trying to automate server health check like free disk space, memory along with few services status, if any services is not running then start services ,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sayed Ibrahim
7 Replies
CTYPE_UPPER(3)								 1							    CTYPE_UPPER(3)

ctype_upper - Check for uppercase character(s)

SYNOPSIS
bool ctype_upper (string $text) DESCRIPTION
Checks if all of the characters in the provided string, $text, are uppercase characters. PARAMETERS
o $text - The tested string. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if every character in $text is an uppercase letter in the current locale. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A ctype_upper(3) example (using the default locale) <?php $strings = array('AKLWC139', 'LMNSDO', 'akwSKWsm'); foreach ($strings as $testcase) { if (ctype_upper($testcase)) { echo "The string $testcase consists of all uppercase letters. "; } else { echo "The string $testcase does not consist of all uppercase letters. "; } } ?> The above example will output: The string AKLWC139 does not consist of all uppercase letters. The string LMNSDO consists of all uppercase letters. The string akwSKWsm does not consist of all uppercase letters. NOTES
Note If an integer between -128 and 255 inclusive is provided, it is interpreted as the ASCII value of a single character (negative val- ues have 256 added in order to allow characters in the Extended ASCII range). Any other integer is interpreted as a string contain- ing the decimal digits of the integer. SEE ALSO
ctype_alpha(3), ctype_lower(3), setlocale(3). PHP Documentation Group CTYPE_UPPER(3)