Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX base OS install
Operating Systems AIX AIX base OS install Post 302815911 by MichaelFelt on Sunday 2nd of June 2013 04:25:44 PM
Old 06-02-2013
Correct - in a default install openssh is not installed by default. As you are new to AIX - on the console
To set hostname, IP address, default route, nameserver use:
Code:
# smitty mktcpip

If you are going to setup additional IP interfaces use:
Code:
# smitty inet

To install ssh on AIX, have DVD1 in the DVD and enter
Code:
# smitty easy_install

Choose the cd/dvd as source and choose the openssh_server bundle

If you want to disable telnet, or disable/enable other inetd services use
Code:
# smitty otherserv

Hope this helps!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

I can't install Ifor_ls.compat, Ifor_ls.base in pSeries AIX DEMOpkg 2005

Hi there, I need to install the IBM C++ Compiler in pSeries AIX DEMOpkg 2005 but I can't find Ifor_ls Ifor_ls.html.en_US Ifor_ls.ipf.en_US Ifor_ls.compat Ifor_ls.base Have you got the experience about that? Thank you very much. Thang. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvthang43
0 Replies

3. AIX

Menu base AIX script

Hi, I am trying to create a menu on AIX systen for operators in our office. Please suggest how can I loop back to menu by pressing any key from a online running file. For example I can view the Database alert log file by tail -f command but how should I loop back to menu again. If I press <ctrl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Base AIX Script

Hi, I am trying to create a menu on AIX systen for operators in our office. Please suggest how can I loop back to menu by pressing any key from a online running file. For example I can view the Database alert log file by tail -f command but how should I loop back to menu again. If I press <ctrl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solstice 6.0.3 - Server is disabled Install base enabler

hi people, I receive this message in the nwadmin: Registration info event: Server is disabled Install base enabler License enabler: #none (Networker/10 Eval) has expired. What happened? Please help me... Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denisgomes
0 Replies

6. AIX

How big is AIX installed base (i.e. number of deployed systems)?

Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows the approximate size of the AIX installed base, i.e. number of machines running out there. I'm expecting a figure of less than a million. There seems to be a lack of info on the web. Presumably only IBM know for sure! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
3 Replies

7. AIX

Install bash on AIX

Hi, Im trying to install bash on AIX, I have rpm installed but get: rpm --install bash-3.0-19.3.ppc.rpm error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
0 Replies

8. AIX

modcrypt.base fileset on Aix 5.3

Hi, Looking for some help downloading the modcrypt.base fileset Checking on google I think modcrypt.base is part of the Aix 5.3 expansion pack Cryptographic Library V5.2 and 5.3. I have downloaded this and it doesn't appear to have the modcrypt.base fileset in. In the same expansion... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

10. AIX

Install pkgadd on AIX

I believe pkgadd facility is available on AIX for managing installation of software packages. How can i get pkgadd facility on AIX machine. which packages i have to install to get pkgadd feature? :mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)