Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script variable help, Varying number of arguments to excute script Post 302815881 by Don Cragun on Sunday 2nd of June 2013 12:44:28 PM
Old 06-02-2013
Please show us what you have. There are hundreds of ways to do this, but to understand what you're doing and how to give you a working solution for your problem it would help a lot to see what you're doing.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there any way to excute script every N seconds?

Hello i have script that show me stuff , i need to excute this script every N seconds , is there any way to do it with one liner ? ( mybe perl ) thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a number with random variable inside shell script

Hi All. I need help for the below logic. I ve a file like following input file: NopTX(5) // should be remain same as input ----Nop(@100); //1 Nop(90); //2 --Nop(80); //3 @Nop(70); //4 --@Nop(60); //5 @Nop@(@50); //6 --Nop@( 40); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Varying number of awk search strings

I've created an awk script that handles a varying number of search strings handed to it as command line parameters ($1 $2 etc). There may be 1, or 2 or 3 or more. A simplified version of the script is: awk -v TYP="$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6" ' BEGIN { CTYP = split (TYP,TYPP," ") } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarlosNC
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call arguments with variable in a script??

Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to call arguments passed to a script using a variable. For example: sh script.sh yes no good bad x=$# while do echo (last argument, then second last etc until first argument) let x=($x-1) done should print out bad good no (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VanK
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for help with script to assign all disk space to slice#0 on multiple disks of varying sizes

Hi Folks, I am trying to make a script to assign all diskspace to slice 0, on multiple sized disks. Since the disks are new they may need to be labelled also to avoid the error: Cannot get disk geometry Below is my code struggling with logic which doesn't seem to be producing the desired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed value after the last delimeter in a file with varying number of delimited columns

Hi All, My file has the records as below: aaa\bbb\c\dd\ee\ff\gg zz\vv\ww pp\oo\ii\uu How can I get the value after the last delimeter. My o/p: gg ww uu Thanks in Advance, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login, excute command, logout Script Help

Good Evening all, After spending the last week or so reading many posts I decided to register and join in. This is my first post on the forum so please forgive me as im new to this, Im after some help in throwing together a quick basic script without using expect to change the password on several... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of arguments to array - Perl Script

I have the following proc. proc get_add {arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg 5 .. ... arg N } { } i need to count the number of arguments and also i need those arguments stored in an array. please help out ---------- Post updated at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:30 PM ---------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to give multiple choices and a varying number of answers

Hello everybody, I use `case' quite a lot but , excellent as it is , it only gives one final result ; can anyone suggest a way whereas , say long lists of choices are given and I , or a user could select either one two or any number of results to be echoed . many thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: V686
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning any number to the variable in cshell script

Hello Guys, I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you please help me how can I assign any number as the parameter to a, from stdin (-c), in the following command line by using the 'switch' in a script? awk '$8>a {print "File name:" $5,$8}' I would also appreciate if you can share any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Padavan
1 Replies
slalsd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slalsd.f(3)

NAME
slalsd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slalsd (UPLO, SMLSIZ, N, NRHS, D, E, B, LDB, RCOND, RANK, WORK, IWORK, INFO) SLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slalsd (characterUPLO, integerSMLSIZ, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, realRCOND, integerRANK, real, dimension( * )WORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, integerINFO) SLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Purpose: SLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem of finding X to minimize the Euclidean norm of each column of A*X-B, where A is N-by-N upper bidiagonal, and X and B are N-by-NRHS. The solution X overwrites B. The singular values of A smaller than RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem; in this case a minimum norm solution is returned. The actual singular values are returned in D in ascending order. This code makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray XMP, Cray YMP, Cray C 90, or Cray 2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. Parameters: UPLO UPLO is CHARACTER*1 = 'U': D and E define an upper bidiagonal matrix. = 'L': D and E define a lower bidiagonal matrix. SMLSIZ SMLSIZ is INTEGER The maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree. N N is INTEGER The dimension of the bidiagonal matrix. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of columns of B. NRHS must be at least 1. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry D contains the main diagonal of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, if INFO = 0, D contains its singular values. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) Contains the super-diagonal entries of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, E has been destroyed. B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On input, B contains the right hand sides of the least squares problem. On output, B contains the solution X. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of B in the calling subprogram. LDB must be at least max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is REAL The singular values of A less than or equal to RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem. If RCOND is negative, machine precision is used instead. For example, if diag(S)*X=B were the least squares problem, where diag(S) is a diagonal matrix of singular values, the solution would be X(i) = B(i) / S(i) if S(i) is greater than RCOND*max(S), and X(i) = 0 if S(i) is less than or equal to RCOND*max(S). RANK RANK is INTEGER The number of singular values of A greater than RCOND times the largest singular value. WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension at least (9*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + N*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2), where NLVL = max(0, INT(log_2 (N/(SMLSIZ+1))) + 1). IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension at least (3*N*NLVL + 11*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: The algorithm failed to compute a singular value while working on the submatrix lying in rows and columns INFO/(N+1) through MOD(INFO,N+1). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Contributors: Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Definition at line 179 of file slalsd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 slalsd.f(3)