Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To extract a string between two words in XML file Post 302815573 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 1st of June 2013 09:15:56 AM
Old 06-01-2013
Hi, see if this works:
Code:
awk 'sub("^" s FS,x) && sub(/\/>\n/,x)' s=PersonInfoShipTo RS=\< file > newfile

if it is always alway on one line, you could try:
Code:
sed -n 's|^<PersonInfoShipTo \(.*\)/>|\1|p' file > newfile

Otherwise you could try using an XML parser...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed] extract words from a string

Hi, One of the scripts creates logs in the format: progname_file1.log.20100312020657 where after file the number could be from 1 to 28 and after log. the date is attached in the format YYYYMMDDHHMISS progname_file<1-28>.log.YYYYMMDDHHMISS. Now I want to discard the .20100312020657... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract words to new file

Hi there, Unix Gurus Working with big listings of english sentences for my pupils, of the type: 1. If the boss's son had been , someone would have asked for money by now. 2. Look, I haven't a crime, so why can't you let me go? .... I wondered how to extract the words between brackets in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML - Split And Extract String between Chars

Hi, I am trying to read the records from file and split into multiple files. SourceFile.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from XML

Hi, I wish to grep for the first instance of <listen-address> value between the first <server></server> tag in an xml file. Sample xml: ......... <timeout-seconds>1500</timeout-seconds> </jta> <server> <name>Adminserver_DEV</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to extract uique words from text file

Hello programmers, I need to create a list of unique words from a text file using PERL...may i have the code for that please? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsohari
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words starting with a pattern from a file

Hi Guys.. I have a file and i want to extract all words that starts with a pattern 'ABC_' or 'ADF_' For example, ABC.txt ---- INSERT INTO ABC_DLKFJAL_FJKLD SELECT DISTINCT S,B,C FROM ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8 A, ABC_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF B WHERE A.FI=B.EI; COMMIT; Output : ABS_DLKFJAL_FJKLD,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell - Read a text file with two words and extract data

hi I made this simple script to extract data and pretty much is a list and would like to extract data of two words separated by commas and I would like to make a new text file that would list these extracted data into a list and each in a new line. Example that worked for me with text file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandaryll
5 Replies
Gtk2::PageSetup(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Gtk2::PageSetup(3)

NAME
Gtk2::PageSetup HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::PageSetup METHODS
pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_bottom_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_bottom_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_left_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_left_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->load_file ($file_name) o $file_name (string) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $setup->load_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 pageorientation = $setup->get_orientation $setup->set_orientation ($orientation) o $orientation (Gtk2::PageOrientation) double = $setup->get_page_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_page_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_paper_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_paper_size_and_default_margins ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) papersize = $setup->get_paper_size $setup->set_paper_size ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) double = $setup->get_paper_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_right_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_right_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->to_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $setup->to_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_top_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_top_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::PageOrientation o 'portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT' o 'landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE' o 'reverse-portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_PORTRAIT' o 'reverse-landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_LANDSCAPE' enum Gtk2::Unit o 'pixel' / 'GTK_UNIT_PIXEL' o 'points' / 'GTK_UNIT_POINTS' o 'inch' / 'GTK_UNIT_INCH' o 'mm' / 'GTK_UNIT_MM' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::PageSetup(3)