Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace col 23 - 26 with new value, non delimited file Post 302815439 by blt123 on Friday 31st of May 2013 06:33:30 PM
Old 05-31-2013
i'm getting an error saying command garbled:
sed: command garbled: s/\(^.\{22\}\)..../\10603/s/\(^.\{29\}\)\( *\)-/\1\2s/s/\(^.\{29\}\)\( *\)[ +]\([0-9.]\)/\1\2-\3/s/\(^.\{29\}\)\( *\)s/\1\2 /p

i really need to concentrate on the second change - getting the amount column to be flipped from neg to pos and pos to neg = thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace string only in a particular column in a delimited file

I have file with multiple columns. Column values for a record may be same. Now i have to replace a column value(this can be same for the other columns) with new value. File.txt A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What awk 1-liner will replace value in 1stField of a delimited file with the value of '5' ?

Hi, I am a newbie to awk. Here is my problem. Looking for an awk 1-liner to solve it: My Computing Environment: - Solaris10 - I prefer to use csh or sh shells 1. Lets say my input file is File1.dat (delimter = | ) and looks as follows: (File1.dat) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andy b
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace ^M and the new line that follows it in a delimited file

Hello, I want to Replace/Remove ^M and the new line that follows it in a delimited file. So far I have tried following and nothing seems to work for me . Tr –d ‘\r\n’ < old.dat > new.dat -removes all the linefeed, not just the ones after a ^M. Sed ‘/^M$/{N; s/.\n//;}’ < old.dat >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluestarmoon
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace period in a tab delimited file to a number

I have a file like this. It is tab delimited. Unfortunately, the missing data was filled in with a period "." (see the leading lines 1-5 columns) I want to substitute the periods for misisng data with an integer "-999". however, I do not want the global replace to change the other periods seen... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace field in the delimited file

Hi, I have the requirement similar to the one mentioned in the below thread. https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/128155-search-replace-string-only-particular-column-delimited-file.html The only difference is that I need to change the field for row 1,2 and the last... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a number in the last line of a delimited file.

Hi all, I am fairly new to UNIX and I was wondering if you could provide me with some help! Lets say i have a file as below : Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 ABC|12|4|2 Now the number 4 in bold, this number will represent the number of row there is in the file excluding the header and footer... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stinza
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace delimiter for a particular column in a pipe delimited file

I have an input file as below Emp1|FirstName|MiddleName|LastName|Address|Pincode|PhoneNumber 1234|FirstName1|MiddleName2|LastName3| Add1 || ADD2|123|000000000 Output : 1234|FirstName1|MiddleName2|LastName3| Add1 ,, ADD2|123|000000000 OR 1234,FirstName1,MiddleName2,LastName3, Add1 ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: styris
2 Replies
get_midi_length(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  get_midi_length(3alleg4)

NAME
get_midi_length - Determines the total playing time of a midi, in seconds. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int get_midi_length(MIDI *midi); DESCRIPTION
This function will simulate playing the given MIDI, from start to end, to determine how long it takes to play. After calling this function, midi_pos will contain the negative number of beats, and midi_time the length of the midi, in seconds. Note that any currently playing midi is stopped when you call this function. Usually you would call it before play_midi, to get the length of the midi to be played, like in this example: length = get_midi_length(my_midi); play_midi(my_midi); do { pos = midi_time; textprintf_ex(screen, font, 0, 0, c, -1, "%d:%02d / %d:%02d ", pos / 60, pos % 60, length / 60, length % 60); rest(100); } while(pos <= length); RETURN VALUE
Returns the value of midi_time, the length of the midi. SEE ALSO
load_midi(3alleg4), midi_time(3alleg4), midi_pos(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_midi_length(3alleg4)