Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed colour change
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed colour change Post 302815223 by Bdoydie on Friday 31st of May 2013 08:53:43 AM
Old 05-31-2013
Sorry the man page for terminfo was ther i just couldnt find anything similar to:

Code:
switch_2_white=""....some sequence..."
switch_2_red="....some sequence..."
switch_2_green="....some sequence..."

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOw to change the text colour through shell script?

Hi all, I have written one script. If i run the script, particular text in that script needs to be displayed in color.how this could be done?any commands r there to change the colour of the text while running the script? Ur help is appreciated !!! Thanx in Advance, Sona. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sona
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

VT100 terminal and colour

Good day all I am looking for a way to change colours in a text file that get tailed. I have tried using tput, however this does not seem to work. terminal type is using putty and vt100 emulation. Any ideas. :rolleyes: Thanks J (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the font colour in unix ?

Could you pls tell me how to change the font colour in unix ? What is the syntax ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to change font and colour in mail sent from Unix

Dear All, We have following code to send mails from unix to users. We want to see few sentences of mail in bold font or to hightlight few lines in different colours. Could you please let me know how can we do it in function construct_body. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogichavan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh, font colour

hi all, how do i change the colour of text if i am using printf ?? in my script i am printing out response times from the server and i wanted to print out the max response time in red. ta. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

hpux top colour

Hello, is there some way to change b/w colour of top command output in hpux B.11.31 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonijel
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To change the colour of the content in email sent through unix

Hi I want to change the color of the email content sent through unix. I tried a lot and left in vain. I heard that it could be done by sending the email as HTML. But I don't how to do it. Can you all share your ideas? ~sakthifire (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
1 Replies

8. Programming

Cshell help with change colour in print

i want to ask how to change the colour of prompt message from use? and also how to change colour in printing........ i want to change it as blue colour and red colour, but i found many website still don't know how to do. how's the command is wrote? thz really!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendy1089
1 Replies

9. AIX

putty background colour change in vi editor

Hello, I have a problem with my putty session when i use the vi editor or when i do dbaccess on an Informix database. Suddenly the background and foreground colour of my terminal change and it makes it difficult for me to see whats on the screen. Why this is happening? Is there a way to keep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies
TPUT(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TPUT(1)

NAME
tput, clear -- terminal capability interface SYNOPSIS
tput [-T term] attribute [attribute-args] ... DESCRIPTION
tput makes terminal-dependent information available to users or shell applications. The options are as follows: -T The terminal name as specified in the terminfo(5) database, for example, ``vt100'' or ``xterm''. If not specified, tput retrieves the ``TERM'' variable from the environment. tput outputs a string if the attribute is of type string; a number if it is of type integer. Otherwise, tput exits 0 if the terminal has the capability and 1 if it does not, without further action. If the attribute is of type string, and takes arguments (e.g. cursor movement, the terminfo ``cup'' sequence) the arguments are taken from the command line immediately following the attribute. The following special attributes are available: clear Clear the screen (the terminfo(5) ``cl'' sequence). init Initialize the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``is2'' sequence). longname Print the descriptive name of the user's terminal type. reset Reset the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``rs1, rs2, rs3'' and ``rf'' sequence). EXIT STATUS
The exit status of tput is based on the last attribute specified. If the attribute is of type string or of type integer, tput exits 0 if the attribute is defined for this terminal type and 1 if it is not. If the attribute is of type boolean, tput exits 0 if the terminal has this attribute, and 1 if it does not. tput exits 2 if any error occurred. EXAMPLES
tput cl cm 5 10 clear the screen and goto line 5 column 10 tput cm 6 11 DC 6 goto line 6 column 11 and delete 6 characters SEE ALSO
termcap(3), termcap(5) HISTORY
The tput command appears in 4.4BSD. BUGS
tput can't really distinguish between different types of attributes. Not all terminfo entries contain the reset sequence, so using the init sequence may be more useful. BSD
September 29, 2009 BSD