Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to remove certain lines using sed? Post 302814951 by RudiC on Thursday 30th of May 2013 04:36:27 PM
Old 05-30-2013
Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

What OS / shell / system is that? I'd be surprised if you could, in any tool, output 'this is continuous line ' without a print command or a line continuation char in the line before. And, the only solution I could imagine to your problem is to keep a flag for "print command started" and then check for " ' " being the first char in the next line. afaik you can't do that with sed; awk might do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk to remove specific lines

I have searched the forum for this - forgive me if I missed a previous post. I have the following file: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah alter table "informix".esc_acct add constraint (foreign key (fi_id) references "informix".fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to remove lines where field is empty

I was just looking at this post: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/22893-delete-multiple-empty-lines.html. and I am looking to achieve the same with sed. So the idea is to delete lines from a file where a certain field has no value. Inputfile: EMID MMDDYY HOURS JOB EMNAME 0241... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to remove lines

Can somebody explain why my sed command is not working. I do the folloinwg: Generates a binary file to /tmp/x1.out /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 4:00 -e 8:00 -i 3600 -A -o /tmp/x1.out decodes the file (no problem so far) sar -f /tmp/x1.out When I do this it does not appear to delete the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the command to remove empty lines with sed?

3 10 20 10 100 100 10000 Output: 3 10 20 10 100 100 10000 ---------- Post updated at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:56 AM ---------- sed '/^$/d' file doesn't work. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to remove a line above and lines below.

:confused:Hi All, I need help on removing lines in a text file. Sample file : When there is a match ip for IPAddress in my `cat ip.out`, proceed delete line above until string "Comp" is found. Thank you very much. ---------- Post updated at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous update was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiewming
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/sed to remove lines in file

Hi, I have a file with values, file1: BELL-1180-1180-81|577:1017| BELL-1180-1180-81|jm10i-auto-stub1/577:102| BELL-1180-1180-81|jm10i-auto-stub1/577:101| BELL-1180-1180-81|jm10i-auto-stub1/577:1700| BELL-1180-1180-81|jm10i-auto-stub1/577:1699| I need to remove the lines which has... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a range of lines from a file using sed

Hi I am having some issue editing a file in sed. What I want to do is, in a loop pass a variable to a sed command. Sed should then search a file for a line that matches that variable, then remove all lines below until it reaches a line starting with a constant. I have managed to write a... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy82
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locate and remove lines with sed

Gents, I would like to remove some lines from a big file ( file2). The objetive is to remove all the lines in file2 containing a certain string which are in file data2delete.. file data2delete contens: 2573.0 7260.01 2893.0 7255.01 2903.0 7245.01 2897.0 7255.01 2561.0 7255.01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines using sed?

Hi, I am new to unix and i started some scripting recently. Please go through the following script i wrote. #!/bin/sh file='path../tfile' file1='path../tfile1' rmfile='path../test2' C1=1 C2=1 exec 3< $file1 while read LINE1; do read LINE2 <&3 a=$LINE1 b=`expr $LINE2 - 1` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subbu123
1 Replies
GO-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GO-BUILD(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go build [-o output] [ build flags ] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Build compiles the packages named by the import paths, along with their dependencies, but it does not install the results. If the arguments are a list of .go files, build treats them as a list of source files specifying a single package. When the command line specifies a single main package, build writes the resulting executable to output. Otherwise build compiles the pack- ages but discards the results, serving only as a check that the packages can be built. The -o flag specifies the output file name. If not specified, the name is packagename.a (for a non-main package) or the base name of the first source file (for a main package). OPTIONS
The build flags are shared by the build, install, run, and test commands: -a force rebuilding of packages that are already up-to-date. -n print the commands but do not run them. -p n the number of builds that can be run in parallel. The default is the number of CPUs available. -v print the names of packages as they are compiled. -work print the name of the temporary work directory and do not delete it when exiting. -x print the commands. -compiler name name of compiler to use, as in runtime.Compiler (gccgo or gc) -gccgoflags 'arg list' arguments to pass on each gccgo compiler/linker invocation -gcflags 'arg list' arguments to pass on each 5g, 6g, or 8g compiler invocation -ldflags 'flag list' arguments to pass on each 5l, 6l, or 8l linker invocation -tags 'tag list' a list of build tags to consider satisfied during the build. See the documentation for the go/build package for more information about build tags. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). For more about where packages and binaries are installed, see go-gopath(1). SEE ALSO
go-install(1), go-get(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-BUILD(1)