Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log Out SSH User in Bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log Out SSH User in Bash Post 302814803 by RudiC on Thursday 30th of May 2013 08:35:10 AM
Old 05-30-2013
Not sure I understand the problem in it's entirety. Try
Code:
USERTTY=$(who | awk '$0 ~ user {print $2}' user=$1)
write $1 $USERTTY

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ssh login-

hi. I need a bash script which can login to an other mashin via SSH and then run some commands and then return the result to my mashine. I dont know where to begin, I think first I will need a ssh connection, dont know how to make it, then , do I need a ftp connection between the 2 mashins to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_pil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH ssh login

Ok, there's been a good number of posts about this, but here goes. I want a script to log in to a system via ssh without using keys. This will be used to log in to Cisco IOS devices. I have tried the following, but could not get it to work: SSH login expect shell script to supply username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike909
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh'

I've struggled to find a solution to this problem from searching so I thought I'd write a post to see what can be done. I'm attempting to connect and run commands on 'server2' but because of security limitations I cannot access it directly. I can however ssh into 'server1' and then into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcintosh.jamie
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on an ssh bash script...

Hey Guys, I want to have a bash script on my computer (Mac OS X 10.6.8) that can ssh into my iPod and respring. I know how do this by typing in "ssh root@10.0.1.10" and then typing in the password "alpine". From there i simply type "respring". I want to possibly put this into a shell script so it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetstream131
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cannot ssh for a user

This is the entry when I tail /var/log/secure when I ssh for user "nightly"... Aug 4 03:19:48 itanium2 sshd: Illegal user nightly from ::ffff:10.91.220.35 Aug 4 03:20:10 itanium2 sshd: Failed password for illegal user nightly from ::ffff:10.91.220.35 port 32862 ssh2 What could be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
3 Replies

7. AIX

passwordless entry using ssh from one user to a different user on the same server

Hi, We have a requirement to do passwordless entry from one user to a different user on the same AIX server using ssh keys. Can some one help me with this? Thanks in advance, Panditt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help in bash scripting with ssh

Hi @ all I have the following scenario: As Admin of a cupple of servers I tried to write the following script to figure out, if the machine is up and available and if some directory´s were available. But my script is having some probs, while running. Maybe some of you have a better way to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: muogli
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on ssh in bash scripting

HI I have the following requirement I have a script a.sh which will deploy files in multiple servers .The argument for the a.sh is abc.gz host1.conf where abc.gz is a zip file and one.conf will contain all the database connection string . Now I have to write a b.sh which will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry00514
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripts - CGI and ssh

Hi Everyone, I started looking at the possibility of making some of our bash scripts available through a web server using CGI and the simple ones works just fine. Now I need to execute remote commands using ssh but can't really get it to work. I got private keys all sorted. Must be ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arizah
1 Replies
VIRTUAL(3)								 1								VIRTUAL(3)

virtual - Perform an Apache sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool virtual (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
virtual(3) is an Apache-specific function which is similar to <!--#include virtual...--> in mod_include. It performs an Apache sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you would parse through Apache. Note that for a CGI script, the script must generate valid CGI headers. At the minimum that means it must generate a Content-Type header. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. This function is supported when PHP is installed as an Apache module or by the NSAPI server module in Netscape/iPlanet/SunONE webservers. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file that the virtual command will be performed on. RETURN VALUES
Performs the virtual command on success, or returns FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
See apache_note(3) for an example. NOTES
Warning The query string can be passed to the included file but $_GET is copied from the parent script and only $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] is filled with the passed query string. The query string may only be passed when using Apache 2. The requested file will not be listed in the Apache access log. Note Environment variables set in the requested file are not visible to the calling script. Note This function may be used on PHP files. However, it is typically better to use include(3) or require(3) for PHP files. SEE ALSO
apache_note(3). PHP Documentation Group VIRTUAL(3)