Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crontab Issue Post 302814667 by aravindj80 on Thursday 30th of May 2013 03:31:51 AM
Old 05-30-2013
1. Changing it to 30 3 * * * /script

2. user credentials are same.

3. Script has collecting the logs and ftping the dump to another server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Issue

I have a backup script that is suppose to run every night of the week, but it never does, it starts to run. The way I can tell is that the dates on dump_log are changing to when the script runs. If I look in the cron log file is shows ! > root 506342 cr /etc/back_up Fri Aug 5 10:30:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickyt00
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

crontab issue

Dear Folks, i am new to hp-ux, i have a problem scheduling the crontab, The script is working fine at command prompt, but not working at cron, please find a solution for it , here are the logs and my schedule at cron: log after restarting crontab /var/adm/cron/log ! *** cron started *** ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaddi
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab issue

I am adding a piece of code which adds entry in crontab ((in brown color)) \crontab -l > $tmpfile echo "Removing the cleanProcess entry if it already existed.." grep -v "cleanProcess.sh" $tmpfile > $newtmpfile lcnt=`grep -c "cleanProcess.sh" $tmpfile` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab issue

Helo . I have 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp here. I am trying to make crontab execute my simple shell script, but noting happens. here is how i am testing this : $ pwd /home/oracle $ ls -l two* ls: two*: No such file or directory $ $ crontab -e crontab: installing new crontab $ $ crontab... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with crontab

I have a ksh script which will connect to a database and executes some sql scripts. If i run the ksh script it is working fine. But if i schedule it to run at a perticular time using cron the sql script is not running. The scriptl initially creates a spool file for sql script and then connects and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab issue

We have configured a script to be run at specific time using crontab. # crontab -l 15 11 * * * VM_Count_V4.shas per the crontab entry script should run every day 11.15 a.m Every time when the script is executed i get a mail but when i run it using crontab it doesn't send any mail. However... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. AIX

Crontab issue

Hi all, I'm having a problem with a crontab entry execution for a non root user. AIX version 5.3 user@host ~ $ oslevel -r 5300-10 cron status user@host ~ $ ps -ef | grep cron root 377044 1 0 Oct 27 - 0:22 /usr/sbin/cron cron entry for user user@host ~ $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Issue..!!!

Hi, I have a cronjob but it is not getting executed.Is there any ways to check whether crontab is working.I have put crontab -l and checked.It got listed.But it is not working. My Crontab is, * * * * * /ldesk/home/abc/source/compare.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gayisada
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab issue

hi, i have schduled a job through crontab, but it is not getting executed. bash-3.2$ crontab -l # Monthly Download (mm hh DD MM format) 35 05 01 04 * /home/ftpsrp/srpftp1/download/ofrdb/scripts/load_ofrdb.sh crr.sh here is the permission of the .sh files -rwxr--r-- 1 ftpsrp srp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab issue

Hello, I have a bash script that finds files older than 31 days and deletes them. I have this file loading into crontab to run everyday. It ran fine the first time i loaded it in, but now when I try to run it manually (bash file.sh) I get errors. Here is the script TIME=" -maxdepth 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
6 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)