Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Networking Issue (Cant Ping the gateway) Post 302814411 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 29th of May 2013 11:44:50 AM
Old 05-29-2013
From the command line:

# route add -net default A.B.C.D

However, the chdev command above is better (smitty netstat) because these put it in the ODM and it is permanent.

However, if you cannot ping the gw, adding it will not help any.

1) can the VIOS ping the gw?
2) can you ping the VIOS?

if the answer to 1) is yes, and 2) is no you probably do not have the SEA setup yet.

if the answer to both is yes - I still suspect something wrong with the virtual ethernet setup.

Are there other partitons? Can they ping the gw? Can you ping the other partitions?
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unable to ping the gateway IP itself

We are unable to bring one of our linux boxes into the network once it was restarted. But once we stop and start the network service. We are able to ping the gateway and get into network. After a minute or two we get the following reponse for the ping command 64 bytes from 124.168.215.40:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

ping and networking

Dear friends, Please explain the functionality of the ping command and explain the network details, and IP layers. I want some more clarification about following things i) switch ii) hub iii) routers iv) proxy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangappan
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Multihomed can not ping gateway

Hello this is my first post at this forum. Apologize for my lack of network understanding but Im posting to learn. I have a problem reaching default gateway 10.18.110.1 If I use my laptop I can ping 10.18.110.1 but with our red hat multihomed server the gateway does not respond to ping. cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
11 Replies

4. Solaris

ping -s to default gateway very slow

I was install new solaris10 on m4000 model after that i "ping -s" to default gateway but it's take longtime (2 Min) to reply and if i use "ping" only it's reply to fase(2 sec). any body who can tell me about my problem and how to fix it please. i'm try to fix several days. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesmk
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can not Ping Gateway

Hello, I am new to Unix :D and have been trying to configure an AIX server running 5.3. I used smitty or smit to configure interface 0 on the server. I am able to ping the IP I set, however I am still unable to ping the gateway. I configured the IP by navigating to Communications Applications... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdub50
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cannot ping gateway

I know the subject line is very similar to: destination host unreachable but the problem with my machine appears to be somewhat different from that thread. apologies if I missed something from there. We recently moved a machine physically and from one subnet to another . I used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirage
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR Networking: Can't ping

So I have created an LPAR. I think I have configured everything properly but I can't ping the network. The LPAR is on a VLAN. Other LPARs on the same VLAN works. Here's some info on the LPAR: # entstat -d ent1 -------------------------------------------------- ETERNET STATISTICS (en1) :... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: PPPP
20 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can not ping default gateway

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 2 identical systems in the same subnet here. They can ping and ssh each other. One can ping the default gateway and one can not with error '... icmp_seq Destination Host Unreachable'. I can't find any difference between the two systems in terms of network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to ping default gateway

I have setup a Linux machine on my server but for some reason Im unable to reach my default gateway. This is causing me to not communicate with the outside world (unable to connect to CentOS repos) # ifconfig enp0s3: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					    OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_pingd - pingd resource agent SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_user=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_set=string] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_section=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_interval=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] pingd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This agent (ocf:pacemaker:pingd) has been replaced by the more reliable ocf:pacemaker:ping. It records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes (specified in the 'host_list' parameter) a cluster node can connect to. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/var/run//pingd-default] PID file OCF_RESKEY_user = string [root] The user we want to run pingd as The user we want to run pingd as OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_set = string [] Set name The name of the instance_attributes set to place the value in. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_section = string [] Section name The section place the value in. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. Defaults to all configured ping nodes. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_interval = integer [1] ping interval in seconds How often, in seconds, to check for node liveliness OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to pingd. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_PINGD(7)