Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script to rename file that was generated today and which starts with date Post 302814347 by Yoda on Wednesday 29th of May 2013 10:13:43 AM
Old 05-29-2013
Here is one way of doing it:
Code:
c=$( find . -name "*.xml" -type f -mtime -1 | tee tmp | wc -l )

if [ $c -eq 1 ]
then
        file=$( cat tmp )
        mv "$file" "renamedfeed_$(date +%Y%m%d).xml"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Rename Last Generated File

I'm trying to rename the last generated file in a given directory using a makefile. If I type 'make build' the 'build' target produces a file (ie: text_001.txt). It automatically generates them sequentially, so I don't have control over the name. I can't say that it will always be text_001.txt.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieter023
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to Append date to generated .txt file

Hi, Can anyone plz share their experience with - Building shell script to append the file with date in following format- Filename_MMDDYYYY.txt Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince_of_focus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare today's date with date in a file

Hi I am very new to scripting, Can someone show me how to (in unix shell script) compare the system's date with a date in a file. The requirement is to somehow open this file (which will only have a date in it) and compare it with today's date. If they are equal execute a procedure below but if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siog
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all the files which are not generated today

How to list all the files which are not generated today, and move all the above files to backup dir. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy log files with today's date

I am a newbie to scripting. I need a korn shell script to copy log files of current day to archive folder and rename with current days date stamp. I would really appreciate your help. File structure is as follows. Everyday files get overwritten, so I need copy to a archive directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdncan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate 30/31 days from today date script

Hi Guys, I was working some time ago n was in need to calculate date 30/31 days from today including Feb (Leap yr stuff). Today date is variable depending on day of execution of script. I tried searching but was not able to get exactly what I needed....So at that I time I implemented by my own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolgoose85
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files generated today

I would like to find the Files which are generated today in the current directory: I use the commad ls -lrt * | egrep " `date "+%b"` * `date "+%d"` to acheive this. Is there any better way to acquire the same. Multiple answers will be great. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kusathy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a date column (today's date) in file

Hi I have file with number status and date1 and date1 field, want add a column today between column date1 and date2. file1.txt number status date1 date2 ===== ==== === ===== 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 45678 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 43567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a shell script that starts one, then kills it, then starts another?

This is on a CentOS box, I have two scripts that need to run in order. I want to write a shell script that calls the first script, lets it run and then terminates it after a certain number of hours (that I specify of course), and then calls the second script (they can't run simultaneously) which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: btramer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare Date to today's date in shell script

Hi Community! Following on from this code in another thread: #!/bin/bash file_string=`/bin/cat date.txt | /usr/bin/awk '{print $5,$4,$7,$6,$8}'` file_date=`/bin/date -d "$file_string"` file_epoch=`/bin/date -d "$file_string" +%s` now_epoch=`/bin/date +%s` if then #let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greenage
2 Replies
inetconv(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      inetconv(1M)

NAME
inetconv - convert inetd.conf entries into smf service manifests, import them into smf repository SYNOPSIS
inetconv -? inetconv [-f] [-n] [-i srcfile] [-o destdir] inetconv -e [-n] [-i srcfile] DESCRIPTION
The inetconv utility converts a file containing records of inetd.conf(4) into smf(5) service manifests, and then import those manifests into the smf repository. Once the inetd.conf file has been converted, the only way to change aspects of an inet service is to use the inetadm(1M) utility. There is a one-to-one correspondence between a service line in the input file and the manifest generated. By default, the manifests are named using the following template: <svcname>-<proto>.xml The <svcname> token is replaced by the service's name and the <proto> token by the service's protocol. Any slash (/) characters that exist in the source line for the service name or protocol are replaced with underscores (_). The service line is recorded as a property of the converted service. During the conversion process, if a service line is found to be malformed or to be for an internal inetd service, no manifest is generated and that service line is skipped. The input file is left untouched by the conversion process. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -? Display a usage message. -e Enable smf services which are listed in the input file. -f If a service manifest of the same name as the one to be generated is found in the destination directory, inetconv will overwrite that manifest if this option is specified. Otherwise, an error message is generated and the conversion of that service is not performed. -i srcfile Permits the specification of an alternate input file srcfile. If this option is not specified, then the inetd.conf(4) file is used as input. -n Turns off the auto-import of the manifests generated during the conversion process. Later, if you want to import a generated manifest into the smf(5) repository, you can do so through the use of the svccfg(1M) utility. If the -e option is specified, the -n option only displays the smf services that would be enabled. -o Permits the specification of an alternate destination directory destdir for the generated manifests. If this option is not specified, then the manifests are placed in /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc, if the service is a RPC service, or /var/svc/manifest/network other- wise. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating smf Manifests from inetd.conf The following command generates smf(5) manifests from inetd.conf(4) and places them in /var/tmp, overwriting any preexisting manifests of the same name, and then imports them into the smf repository. # inetconv -f -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml Importing 100232_10-rpc_udp.xml ...Done telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml Importing telnet-tcp6.xml ...Done Example 2: Generating Manifests from an Alternate Input File The following command specifies a different input file and does not load the resulting manifests into the smf repository. # inetconv -n -i /export/test/inet.svcs -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Operation completed successfully (no errors). 1 Invalid options specified. 2 One or more service lines are malformed, and thus no manifest(s) were generated for them. 3 An error occurred importing one or more of the generated manifests. 4 A system error occurred. FILES
/var/svc/manifest/network/{rpc}/<svcname>-<proto>.xml default output manifest file name ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svccfg(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.10 21 Oct 2004 inetconv(1M)