Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ksh to check second time difference between two servers Post 302814147 by depam on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 09:15:07 PM
Old 05-28-2013
ksh to check second time difference between two servers

I am currently setting up a public key authentication between servers. The goal is to get the date via `ssh hostname date` on all the 4 remote servers , put the value in a text file on the central server and compare the date (specifically seconds) for each server date output to check if time is actually sync. I know there will be a second interval while logging in to the system via ssh and retrieving the time. But I am thinking of a margin like 3 - 5 seconds.

Is there any specific script to compare the output of date command and get the difference of seconds. I am thinking of creating a script to get the seconds via 'cut' command but it easily breaks if it reaches ":00" and the result will be inaccurate.

Thanks.

Last edited by Scott; 06-01-2013 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: Moved thread - Not an AIX issue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to run servers

I want to write a Kshell program which will start the servers(Oracle,DataIntegrator). Can anybody help me with this? I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pari111222
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: difference between $* and $@

Please ignore. I found the answer at: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/24557-difference-between.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 servers 1 .ksh script

system = AIX How can I explain this..... Keep in mind I do not want to login to the boxes, persay, and that I am fairly new to scripting and unix. I want to use SSH. I have a script on server1, this is where I want it to run from. I have server2 and server3, where I want the script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cml2008
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between development and Production unix servers for a application??

Hi all I am running a major script of my application in development for implementing code changes for process improvement in time. The script runs in production once in a month . It takes 8 hours 30 mins in Production server . what surprice me is , when I run the same script in development server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh connection to other servers

Hello, I am looking for a way for a server to launch a connection command to one of the other servers where the connection command has already embedded in it a server name, user name and a password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same KSH behaving differently on diff servers

HI all I have written a ksh to execute PL/sql procedure and generate the log file. The script is working fine to the extent of calling the taking input, executing PL/SQL procedure. On one server the log file is getting generated properly. i,e it shows the DBMS output . The log file size was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrishnakini
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies
WA_KEYRING(1)							      WebAuth							     WA_KEYRING(1)

NAME
wa_keyring - WebAuth keyring manipulation tool SYNOPSIS
wa_keyring [--hv] -f file command [arg ...] wa_keyring -f keyring add valid-after wa_keyring -f keyring gc oldest-valid-after-to-keep wa_keyring -f keyring list wa_keyring -f keyring remove id DESCRIPTION
wa_keyring is a command line tool to manage WebAuth key ring files, which contain the private AES keys used by mod_webauth and mod_webkdc. It supports the following individual commands: add valid-after Adds a new key to the key ring. valid-after uses the format: nnnn[s|m|h|d|w] to indicate a time relative to the current time. The units for the time are specified by appending a single letter. That letter can be any of s, m, h, d, or w, which correspond to seconds, minutes, hours, days, and weeks respectively. For example: 10d is 10 days from the current time, and -60d is 60 days before the current time. gc oldest-valid-after-to-keep Garbage collects (removes) old keys on the key ring. Any keys with a valid-after date older then the specified time will be removed from the key ring. The format for oldest-valid-after-to-keep is the same as valid-after from the add command. Note that this means that times given to the gc command should generally be negative, to remove keys that have expired in the past. list Lists all the keys in the key ring. By default, a brief listing is used, but a verbose listing can be requested with the -v option. The following fields are present in a short listing: id The index/position of the key in the key ring. Created The date the key was created. Valid after The date at which the key becomes valid (in other words, the point at which the WebAuth server will start using it to encrypt and decrypt new data). Fingerprint The MD5 digest of the key data. Used to compare keys in two key rings. The following fields are present in the long listing: Key-Id The index/position of the key in the key ring. Created The date the key was created. Valid-After The date at which the key becomes valid (in other words, the point at which the WebAuth server will start using it to encrypt and decrypt new data). Key-Type The type of key. Currently, AES is the only supported key type. Key-Size Length in bytes of the key. Fingerprint The MD5 digest of the key data. Used to compare keys in two key rings. remove id Remove the key with ID id from the key ring. EXAMPLES
Add a key to the keyring valid as of the current time: wa_keyring -f keyring add 0d Add a key to the keyring that will be valid three days from now: wa_keyring -f keyring add 3d Remove keys from the key ring that became invalid more than 90 days ago: wa_keyring -f keyring gc -90d Remove the first key in the keyring. wa_keyring -f keyring remove 0 Display a verbose listing of all of the keys in the key ring: wa_keyring -f keyring -v list Note that a WebAuth server will normally manage its keyring file by itself, and wa_keyring is normally only used for debugging purposes. However, if you are setting up a load-balanced pool of servers that need to all share the same keys, turn off automatic keyring handling by putting the line: WebAuthKeyringAutoUpdate off to your Apache configuration, running a script periodically from cron on one server that does something like: wa_keyring -f keyring gc -90d wa_keyring -f keyring add 2d and then copying (in a secure manner!) the new keyring file to all of the other servers. AUTHOR
Roland Schemers <schemers@stanford.edu> 4.1.1 2012-04-25 WA_KEYRING(1)