Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Networking Issue (Cant Ping the gateway) Post 302814141 by pjeedu2247 on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 07:38:36 PM
Old 05-28-2013
[Solved] Networking Issue (Cant Ping the gateway)

Hi,

I installed AIX 7.1 on a blade though (hmc with vio). I can ping the IP address, but not the gateway. Is there anything that I should configure?

Is there anything that I have to check with vio setting or Am I missing any configuration?

Please let me know further.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unable to ping the gateway IP itself

We are unable to bring one of our linux boxes into the network once it was restarted. But once we stop and start the network service. We are able to ping the gateway and get into network. After a minute or two we get the following reponse for the ping command 64 bytes from 124.168.215.40:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

ping and networking

Dear friends, Please explain the functionality of the ping command and explain the network details, and IP layers. I want some more clarification about following things i) switch ii) hub iii) routers iv) proxy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangappan
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Multihomed can not ping gateway

Hello this is my first post at this forum. Apologize for my lack of network understanding but Im posting to learn. I have a problem reaching default gateway 10.18.110.1 If I use my laptop I can ping 10.18.110.1 but with our red hat multihomed server the gateway does not respond to ping. cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
11 Replies

4. Solaris

ping -s to default gateway very slow

I was install new solaris10 on m4000 model after that i "ping -s" to default gateway but it's take longtime (2 Min) to reply and if i use "ping" only it's reply to fase(2 sec). any body who can tell me about my problem and how to fix it please. i'm try to fix several days. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesmk
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can not Ping Gateway

Hello, I am new to Unix :D and have been trying to configure an AIX server running 5.3. I used smitty or smit to configure interface 0 on the server. I am able to ping the IP I set, however I am still unable to ping the gateway. I configured the IP by navigating to Communications Applications... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdub50
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cannot ping gateway

I know the subject line is very similar to: destination host unreachable but the problem with my machine appears to be somewhat different from that thread. apologies if I missed something from there. We recently moved a machine physically and from one subnet to another . I used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirage
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR Networking: Can't ping

So I have created an LPAR. I think I have configured everything properly but I can't ping the network. The LPAR is on a VLAN. Other LPARs on the same VLAN works. Here's some info on the LPAR: # entstat -d ent1 -------------------------------------------------- ETERNET STATISTICS (en1) :... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: PPPP
20 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can not ping default gateway

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 2 identical systems in the same subnet here. They can ping and ssh each other. One can ping the default gateway and one can not with error '... icmp_seq Destination Host Unreachable'. I can't find any difference between the two systems in terms of network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to ping default gateway

I have setup a Linux machine on my server but for some reason Im unable to reach my default gateway. This is causing me to not communicate with the outside world (unable to connect to CentOS repos) # ifconfig enp0s3: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping - Implementation of XMPP Ping XEP-0199 SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping; my $con = AnyEvent::XMPP::IM::Connection->new (...); $con->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of a connection if it didn't answer # within 120 seconds to a ping with a reply $ping->enable_timeout ($con, 120); my $cl = AnyEvent::XMPP::Client->new (...); $cl->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of newly created connections $ping->auto_timeout(120); $ping->ping ($con, 'ping_dest@server.tld', sub { my ($time, $error) = @_; if ($error) { # we got an error } # $time is a float (seconds) of the rtt if you got Time::HiRes }); DESCRIPTION
This extension implements XEP-0199: XMPP Ping. It allows you to define a automatic ping timeouter that will disconnect dead connections (which didn't reply to a ping after N seconds). See also the documentation of the "enable_timeout" method below. It also allows you to send pings to any XMPP entity you like and will measure the time it took if you got Time::HiRes. METHODS
new (%args) Creates a new ping handle. auto_timeout ($timeout) This method enables automatic connection timeout of new connections. It calls "enable_timeout" (see below) for every new connection that was connected and emitted a "stream_ready" event. This is useful if you want connections that have this extension automatically timeouted. In particular this is useful with modules like AnyEvent::XMPP::Client (see also SYNOPSIS above). enable_timeout ($con, $timeout) This enables a periodical ping on the connection $con. $timeout must be the seconds that the ping intervals last. If the server which is connected via $con didn't respond within $timeout seconds the connection $con will be disconnected. Please note that there already is a basic timeout mechanism for dead TCP connections in AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection, see also the "whitespace_ping_interval" configuration variable for a connection there. It then will depend on TCP timeouts to disconnect the connection. Use "enable_timeout" and "auto_timeout" only if you really feel like you need an explicit timeout for your connections. ping ($con, $dest, $cb, $timeout) This method sends a ping request to $dest via the AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection in $con. If $dest is undefined the ping will be sent to the connected server. $cb will be called when either the ping timeouts, an error occurs or the ping result was received. $timeout is an optional timeout for the ping request, if $timeout is not given the default IQ timeout for the connection is the relevant timeout. The first argument to $cb will be the seconds of the round trip time for that request (If you have Time::HiRes). If you don't have Time::HiRes installed the first argument will be undef. The second argument to $cb will be either undef if no error occured or a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::IQ error object. ignore_pings ($bool) This method is mostly for testing, it tells this extension to ignore all ping requests and will prevent any response from being sent. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)