Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send mail to outlook
Operating Systems Linux Send mail to outlook Post 302814129 by DGPickett on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 06:41:04 PM
Old 05-28-2013
  • Well, you can run sendmail -bt to test the address rewrite rules on each host's semdmail.cf, or
  • get a different client that takes a SMTP server name and maybe even knows how to attach, like mutt.
  • The bad host is not sending the dummy.com email to a viable server. You might run nslookup -qt=MZ dummy.com on each host to see if they see mx DNS records the same. Check /etc/resolv.conf for the DNS servers configured.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem sending mail to outlook

i'm a avid fan of making the output of my scripts look pretty. so as a result i put in my scripts a lot of lines that are formed by either ****** or ======= now, outlook seems to have a problem with that. it always removes something that it calls "line breakers" from the emails my scripts send... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sendmail to send Outlook Meeting invitation

Hi, I am using the following code to send mails to desired recipients about a batch job notification. ( echo "From:" "Database Server" echo "To:" ${MAILTO} echo "Subject: ${SUBJECT}" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo "Content-Disposition: inline" cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Send email from outlook to server

Hi, I am sending an email from Microsoft Outlook 2010 (microsoft exchange) to a unix server. I am not receiving the email in server but I am getting the following error in outlook. Your message: From: x@y.com Subject: Could not be delivered because the domain name was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
CHECKDNSRR(3)								 1							     CHECKDNSRR(3)

checkdnsrr - Check DNS records corresponding to a given Internet host name or IP address

SYNOPSIS
bool checkdnsrr (string $host, [string $type = "MX"]) DESCRIPTION
Searches DNS for records of type $type corresponding to $host. PARAMETERS
o $host -$host may either be the IP address in dotted-quad notation or the host name. o $type -$type may be any one of: A, MX, NS, SOA, PTR, CNAME, AAAA, A6, SRV, NAPTR, TXT or ANY. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if any records are found; returns FALSE if no records were found or if an error occurred. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms. | | | | | 5.2.4 | | | | | | | TXT $type was added. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Note For compatibility with Windows before this was implemented, then try the PEAR class Net_DNS. SEE ALSO
dns_get_record(3), getmxrr(3), gethostbyaddr(3), gethostbyname(3), gethostbynamel(3), the named(8) manual page. PHP Documentation Group CHECKDNSRR(3)