Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters Post 302814039 by juzz4fun on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 03:50:36 PM
Old 05-28-2013
How about using SQL Loader to load the values from abc.txt into a database table say temp_table, and then use this table in the query you mentioned:

select name from table_name where cardnum in (seletc card_no from temp_table)

Last edited by juzz4fun; 05-28-2013 at 04:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Passing Parameters For Directory Listing

i have this basic piece of code that i am trying to debug to accept input parameter to be able to display a directory listing of files. cd /u02/app/eatv/dev/out CURDIR=`pwd` echo directory listing of $CURDIR echo if ; then ls -latr else ls -latr $1 fi basically if the script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql query via perl script

Hello, If I run this command on the server it works. # dbc "update config set radio_enabled = 0;" how can I execute the same command in perl. I have defined the dbc path. Can any one please correct the last line. #!/usr/bin/perl #database path $dbc='/opt/bin/psql -Userver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for long listing of groupnames

Hello, When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated. Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name? I appreciate if someone could help in this regard. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike12
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run sql query from a script..which takes input from a file

I need to run sql script from shell script which takes the input from a file and contents of file will be like : 12345 34567 78657 and query will be like : select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='12345'; select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='34567'; select seq_nbr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run sql query.

Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_279013
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies
PG_COPY_FROM(3) 														   PG_COPY_FROM(3)

pg_copy_from - Insert records into a table from an array

SYNOPSIS
bool pg_copy_from (resource $connection, string $table_name, array $rows, [string $delimiter], [string $null_as]) DESCRIPTION
pg_copy_from(3) inserts records into a table from $rows. It issues a COPY FROM SQL command internally to insert records. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. o $table_name - Name of the table into which to copy the $rows. o $rows - An array of data to be copied into $table_name. Each value in $rows becomes a row in $table_name. Each value in $rows should be a delimited string of the values to insert into each field. Values should be linefeed terminated. o $delimiter - The token that separates values for each field in each element of $rows. Default is TAB. o $null_as - How SQL NULL values are represented in the $rows. Default is N ("\N"). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_copy_from(3) example <?php $db = pg_connect("dbname=publisher") or die("Could not connect"); $rows = pg_copy_to($db, $table_name); pg_query($db, "DELETE FROM $table_name"); pg_copy_from($db, $table_name, $rows); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_copy_to(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_COPY_FROM(3)