Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace comma delimiter by newline Post 302813985 by millan on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 01:38:55 PM
Old 05-28-2013
Yes,,,thats what i want but the code is not working...after i ran the code it is expecting some input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data into Comma Delimiter.

Hi, Requirement: Exporting data from Oracle to UNIX into "Comma" delimiter. Help Needed: I was able to connect to Oracle and import the data. But please let me know while importing the data I need to make it into Comma delimiter flat file. For Example: Source Data - 100 ABC TLead... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the delimiter from Comma to Pipeline

Hello All, I need to convert a csv file to pipeline delimiter file in UNIX. The data in file itself contains comma with double qouted qualifier apart from the comma separator. Let me know how to do it. Appreciate any help if awk can be used to do it. Mentioned below is the sample record of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace NewLine with comma using sed?

Hi , I have a huge file with following records and I want to replace the last comma with ',NULL'. I try using SED but could not create a correct script . In my opinion I need a script which can convert ,/n with ,NULL/n 1,CHANGE_MEMBER,2010-12-28 00:05:00, 2,CHANGE_MEMBER,2012-09-02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaypal
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to replace newline with comma

Hi Experts, I need an urgent help in replacing newline characters in my single column file by a comma. I am using following command for this purpose: sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' parameter.rtf | rev | cut -c 4- | revMy input file has: TABLE_1 TABLE_2 TABLE_3 What I need:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerndg123
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace newline with comma and append quotes

Hi, I have below requirement. Apple Orange Banana Required O/p in bash 'Apple,Orange,Banana' Can you please help. Please wrap your samples, codes in CODE TAGS as per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rtk
3 Replies
Test::Fatal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Test::Fatal(3pm)

NAME
Test::Fatal - incredibly simple helpers for testing code with exceptions VERSION
version 0.010 SYNOPSIS
use Test::More; use Test::Fatal; use System::Under::Test qw(might_die); is( exception { might_die; }, undef, "the code lived", ); like( exception { might_die; }, qr/turns out it died/, "the code died as expected", ); isa_ok( exception { might_die; }, 'Exception::Whatever', 'the thrown exception', ); DESCRIPTION
Test::Fatal is an alternative to the popular Test::Exception. It does much less, but should allow greater flexibility in testing exception-throwing code with about the same amount of typing. It exports one routine by default: "exception". FUNCTIONS
exception my $exception = exception { ... }; "exception" takes a bare block of code and returns the exception thrown by that block. If no exception was thrown, it returns undef. Achtung! If the block results in a false exception, such as 0 or the empty string, Test::Fatal itself will die. Since either of these cases indicates a serious problem with the system under testing, this behavior is considered a feature. If you must test for these conditions, you should use Try::Tiny's try/catch mechanism. (Try::Tiny is the underlying exception handling system of Test::Fatal.) Note that there is no TAP assert being performed. In other words, no "ok" or "not ok" line is emitted. It's up to you to use the rest of "exception" in an existing test like "ok", "isa_ok", "is", et cetera. Or you may wish to use the "dies_ok" and "lives_ok" wrappers, which do provide TAP output. "exception" does not alter the stack presented to the called block, meaning that if the exception returned has a stack trace, it will include some frames between the code calling "exception" and the thing throwing the exception. This is considered a feature because it avoids the occasionally twitchy "Sub::Uplevel" mechanism. Achtung! This is not a great idea: like( exception { ... }, qr/foo/, "foo appears in the exception" ); If the code in the "..." is going to throw a stack trace with the arguments to each subroutine in its call stack, the test name, "foo appears in the exception" will itself be matched by the regex. Instead, write this: my $exception = exception { ... }; like( $exception, qr/foo/, "foo appears in the exception" ); Achtung: One final bad idea: isnt( exception { ... }, undef, "my code died!"); It's true that this tests that your code died, but you should really test that it died for the right reason. For example, if you make an unrelated mistake in the block, like using the wrong dereference, your test will pass even though the code to be tested isn't really run at all. If you're expecting an inspectable exception with an identifier or class, test that. If you're expecting a string exception, consider using "like". success try { should_live; } catch { fail("boo, we died"); } success { pass("hooray, we lived"); }; "success", exported only by request, is a Try::Tiny helper with semantics identical to "finally", but the body of the block will only be run if the "try" block ran without error. Although almost any needed exception tests can be performed with "exception", success blocks may sometimes help organize complex testing. dies_ok lives_ok Exported only by request, these two functions run a given block of code, and provide TAP output indicating if it did, or did not throw an exception. These provide an easy upgrade path for replacing existing unit tests based on "Test::Exception". RJBS does not suggest using this except as a convenience while porting tests to use Test::Fatal's "exception" routine. use Test::More tests => 2; use Test::Fatal qw(dies_ok lives_ok); dies_ok { die "I failed" } 'code that fails'; lives_ok { return "I'm still alive" } 'code that does not fail'; AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-16 Test::Fatal(3pm)