Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search and replace in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and replace in shell Post 302813673 by gubbu on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 01:58:26 AM
Old 05-28-2013
Search and replace in shell

I have a server.xml in about 50 instances of JBOSS servers which has
the following line
<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="jboss.web">

I need to append something into this line based on the hostname . For example hostname

Code:
abcdprod40j.corp.abc.net
<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="jboss.web" jvmRoute="node40j">

or 

abcdprod40h.corp.abc.net
<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="jboss.web" jvmRoute="node40h">

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace dynamic data in a shell script

Hi, I have a file that looks something like this: ... 0,6,256,87,0,0,0,1187443420 0,6,438,37,0,0,0,1187443380 0,2,0,0,0,10,0,1197140320 0,3,0,0,0,10,0,1197140875 0,2,0,0,0,23,0,1197140332 0,3,0,0,0,23,0,1197140437 0,2,0,0,0,17,0,1197140447 0,3,0,0,0,17,0,1197140543... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for search and replace by field

Hi, I have an input file with below data and rules file to apply search and replace by each field in the input based on exact value or pattern. Could you please help me with unix script to read input file and rules file and then create the output and reject files based on the rules file. Input... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrath
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested search in a file and replace the inner search

Hi Team, I am new to unix, please help me in this. I have a file named properties. The content of the file is : ##Mobile props east.url=https://qa.east.corp.com/prop/end west.url=https://qa.west.corp.com/prop/end south.url=https://qa.south.corp.com/prop/end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolearn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting , need to search and replace a string in AIX

Hi Guys, I need to search and replace a string in AIX using variables and should be case insensitive. I am able to search and replace using below command but its not working as case insensitive. cat abc.txt | sed -e 's/$a/$b/g' > abc.txt But i need to perform this with case... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in shell scripting

I am trying to write shell script to find and replace using Sed. but i am unable to complete the setting. need help in doing that. Requirement: FROM "${O_INSTANCE}/diag/logs/${C_TYPE}/${C_NAME}/httpd.pid" TO "/var/opt/<SID>_<HOSTNAME>/Apache/httpd.pid" (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: avmk0407
10 Replies
YPSERV.ACL(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     YPSERV.ACL(5)

NAME
ypserv.acl -- ypserv(8) configuration file DESCRIPTION
The ypserv.acl file controls which hosts can connect to the YP server. The format is more complex than the format for securenet(5). The first two verbs on each line controls if the line will allow or deny access for a host, network (net) or all hosts. The YP server reads the configuration file and build a list in memory. This list is processed from the beginning for every incomming request. As soon a match is found in the list the search terminates and it returns success or failure depending on allow or deny. If no match was found in the list success is returned. If access is denied every call will cause a no such domain error for the caller. Don't forget to allow localhost access if you want the machine running ypserv access it too. There is no default name for this file. Start ypserv with a -a filename to read a file with this format. The following different syntax can be used: < allow|deny > host < hostname|ip-address > If hostname has more than one ip address then all will be added to the list. < allow|deny > net < netname|netnumber > [netmask <netname|netnumber>] If netmask part of the command isn't given then the netmask will be assumed to be a class A, B or C net depending on the net number. < allow|deny > all A line containing one of these commands will always match any host. EXAMPLES
A configuration file might appear as follows: # This is an example of an access control file to be used by ypserv. # # This file is parsed line by line. First match will terminate the check # of the caller. # ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a single host # # allow host <hostname|ip-address> # deny host <hostname|ip-address> # # To process hostname gethostbyname is called. If the hostname has # multiple ip-addresses all will be added (I hope). ip-address # processed by inet_aton. allow host localhost deny host jodie ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a network # # allow net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # deny net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # # To process netname getnetbyname is called, and inet_aton is used for # netnumber. inet_aton both access numbers as 255.255.255.0 and 0xffffff00. # # If netmask isn't given the parser will assume netmask from the first bits # of the network number. So if the network is subneted the you have to add # the netmask. In my case I've got the network 139.58.253.0 at home so too # allow any of my computers to talk with the server I need the following # line # allow net mojathome netmask 255.255.255.0 ########################################################################### # At last we have a command that will match any caller: # # allow all # deny all # # reject all connections deny all FILES
/var/yp/ypserv.acl A ypserv(8) configuration file. SEE ALSO
yp(8), ypserv(8), securenet(5) AUTHOR
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
July 2, 1994 BSD