Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Insert a line into multiple files Post 302813619 by balajesuri on Monday 27th of May 2013 08:41:32 PM
Old 05-27-2013
Another approach could be:
Code:
for file in file1 file2
do
    echo "Text" >> $file
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Eliminate first line of multiple files

hi gurus ,, I have multiple files with same file pattern..in a particular directory for ex: file20061101.trf file20061102.trf file20061103.trf Each of the file has a header as column names.. My questions is how can i eliminate the first row of each of these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IBM Informix Load and Insert with multiple files

Hi , Can you guys please help as I have list of files xaa, xab, xac.........xza for eg in which to perform load the 1st (xaa) and insert into table, then only proceed for the 2nd , 3rd and so forth. In other words, before 1st one finished, 2nd one shall not load and insert to table, and so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert first line of a file to first column of remaining files

I want to extraxt data from a html table the html file is downloaded from UG / PG Univ - Exam.Results April/May 2008 After processing the html file using sed i got the output like this 11305106082,RANJANI R, CS1251,20,69,P CS1302,20,45,P EC1006,20,52,P EC1351,20,53,P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_artha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view last line of multiple files

Dear All, can anybody help me out in generating a command that can be used to view the last line of multiples files. e.g: file 1 contains 100 records file 2 contains 200 records file 3 contails 300 records now i need a command that can be used to display the last line of each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare three files and insert a blank line at each mismatch

i need to compare three files in unix a.txt b.txt c.txt 1 2 1 2 5 3 4 6 5 5 6 6 i need to insert a blank line in the file if i don't find a match and put the items at the same column if found a match The items in the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk, extract last line of multiple files

Hi, I have a directory full of *.txt files. I would like to print the last line of every file to screen. I know you can use FNR for printing the first line of each file, but how do I access the last line of each file? This code doesn't work, it only prints the last line of the last file:BEGIN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert filename into each line of multiple files

I need to insert <filename + comma> into each line of multiple files. Any idea how to script that? Regards, Manu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.yahoo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Filename into Multiple Files

Hi, We have a folder that has files in the following structure abc.sql def.sql efg.sql . . . xyz.sql I have to find a certain string (say "test") in each file and replace it with the name of the file. For eg. if "test" is present in abc.sql, I want to replace it with "test abc". If... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a header record (tab delimited) in multiple files

Hi Forum. I'm struggling to find a solution for the following issue. I have multiple files a1.txt, a2.txt, a3.txt, etc. and I would like to insert a tab-delimited header record at the beginning of each of the files. This is my code so far but it's not working as expected. for i in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)