Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Download files every one second using ftp script Post 302813605 by arm on Monday 27th of May 2013 05:42:23 PM
Old 05-27-2013
I have no right to play with Srv1 ..

---------- Post updated at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebar
Before allowing 'pc2' to get/remove the file(s) it needs to make sure that 'pc1' has gotten the file(s), there are multiple ways to accomplish this, one way is to have 'pc1' create a 0 byte file in the directory on the host where it got the file(s) for each file(s) it successfully got, then the script on 'pc2' would only get/remove the file(s) that have been successfully processed by 'pc1' and when 'pc2' got a file it would also remove the temp file that told it it could get remove the file.

please do the code for me ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for download files from ftp site

I'm new to scripting. I'm trying to write a script to download files from ftp site, the following is the script and the message i get after running the script. no files were downloaded :( Thanks advance! script: #!/usr/bin/ksh DAY=`date --date="-1 days" +%y%m%d` ftp -v -n "ftp.address" <<... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiff-matt
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download previous day files through FTP

Hi All, I have a scenario where I need to download the previous day modified files from other server to my server through FTP . Could any one please send me the shell script for the same. I used the following but I dont know how to proceed after this. ftp -n -i -v $IP <<ENDOFinPUT >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathchandrach
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP-Download | not files older then x days

Hey Guys, i need to download files from a ftp-server that not older than $VAR (x) days eg for seven days ./script 7 or two weeks ./script 14 all files from the last 14 days will download but how i can explain "ftp" this? sorry for my strange english :/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetex
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp - How to download files which created today?

Hello experts, I have written following script to download files which created today. Unfortunately, it's not working. test.ksh: #Defining variables USR='xxx' PASSWD='yyyy' HT='test.test.com' FILE='S*.pdf' XFILE=$(echo find . -type f -mtime 0) ZFILE=$(echo ls -tR|grep 'Jun 8')... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on FTP download using UNIX script

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum and on UNIX. Can somebody help in writing a script to download a file from an FTP server and validating if there is a file to download. If there is a file, I would send it to a mail recipient and if not I would generate an error log. Thanks in advance!:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjay_45
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need of shell script to download data using ftp

Hi ! I am just wondering shell script to download data from ftp... I have text file containing ftp address...looks like this ftp://site...../filename.xyz ftp://site...../filename.xyz ftp://site...../filename.xyz ftp://site...../filename.xyz script has to read ftp address and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp ssl download files

Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue on and off for a couple of weeks now and I just got it all working, so I wanted to share my findings in case some other poor soul needs to know how. First some background on what I'm doing. I am uploading files to different directories based on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjkadams
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download files matching pattern from FTP using CURL or WGET?

Hi, For an order I requested, the provider has uploaded a tar file in public FTP site which internally has tons of files (compressed) and I need to download files that follows particular pattern which would be few hundreds. Note: The order can't be requested for files that follows the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amalan
7 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Bash script for FTP download -Mysql

Hi guys, I recently managed to write up my working script, but now I have a problem. If the file isn't there in the remote server, my actual script jumps it and all ok, but I need something like this: Search file -> if there, then download -> if not, download next file in the list. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
7 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)