Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk : match only the pattern string , not letters or numbers after that. Post 302813533 by rveri on Monday 27th of May 2013 02:35:54 PM
Old 05-27-2013
Yoda, Thanks...
If I want to take lan3 in a variable, how the awk code would looks like,

Code:
L=lan3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match numbers (awk)

i would like to enter (user input) a bunch of numbers seperated by space: 10 15 20 25 and use awk to print out any lines in a file that have matching numbers so output is: 22 44 66 55 (10) 77 (20) (numbers 10 and 20 matched for example) is this possible in awk . im using gawk for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanku
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can awk match multi pattern in a string

Hi all, I need to category the processes in my system with awk. And for now, there are several command with similar name, so i have to match more than one pattern to pick it out. for instance: binrundb the string1, 2 & 3 may contain word, number, blank or "/". The "bin" should be ahead "rundb"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK break string into fields + pattern match

I am trying to break a string into separate fields and print the field that matches a pattern. I am using awk at the moment and have gotten this far: awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;++i)print "\t" $i}' longstring This breaks the string into fields and prints each field on a separate line. I want to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk pattern with letters and forward slash

Hi, I have a tab delimited file "test.txt" like this: id1 342 C/T id2 7453 T/A/-/G/C id3 531 T/C id4 756 A/T/G id5 23 A/G id6 717 T/A/C id7 718 C/T/A And so on, with the possible choices for letters being A,C,T,G. I would like to exclude from my file all the lines that do not have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: francy.casa
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and get lines numbers in a vector

Hi everyone, I am new to shell scripting, and would appreciate your help on following problem. I need to search a file for a pattern, then get the number of each line that matches the given pattern. Then I need to search those specific line numbers from the first file in a second file and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimcick
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine if first 2 digits of string match numbers

Trying to find out how to discover if the first 2 characters of a string are "22" Not sure how. I could use if ]; then echo "yes";fi But I think that will only grab the pattern 22 and not the first 2 digits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decimal numbers and letters in the same collums: round numbers

Hi! I found and then adapt the code for my pipeline... awk -F"," -vOFS="," '{printf "%0.2f %0.f\n",$2,$4}' xxx > yyy I add -F"," -vOFS="," (for input and output as csv file) and I change the columns and the number of decimal... It works but I have also some problems... here my columns ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)