Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment Post 302813309 by scriptscript on Monday 27th of May 2013 04:17:39 AM
Old 05-27-2013
Thanks DGPickett ...

I tried with the change that you had suggested but no luck .....

and

Code:
Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment;filename=

was printed directly on the webpage.

Could you please let me know what went wrong ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Content-Type

hey.. found out what was wrong. didnt have Read permission of the file for others LOL. But yeah the C version of it, why does it work in Netscape and not IE? primal ----- Hey everyone! Has anyone run into this before... I'm creating a UNIX CGI program that will parse $QUERY_STRING and save... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there a content type command?

Hi I run on a Unix webserver at my university. I have a couple of *.inc files which are include files used for php. They are all in one folder without an index file. If you go to the folder, you get to see a list of files in that dir. Some of the .inc have a question mark icon next to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aqh2
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web content download

There is a web API https://pi.ercot.com/contentproxy/publicList?folder_id=10001937 As soon as this is fired on the browser a page comes in which many files are listed for downloads I want to download all the files ....is it possible to write a shell script which can download the files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send an email with some body content and attachment

hi plz help me in sending a mail with some data in body and an attachment as some txt file. currently i am able to send mail with some body content, i need an example how to send the same along with attachment. thanks in advance -bali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file content type

I have a shell script that takes a file and uses "syncsort" to sort contents. I want to add a condition to check whether the input file is textual or binary format. If textual, the "syncsort" will be used to sort the files contents. Otherwise, the sorting process will be skipped. Note that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: synthea
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine Content-Type

I am limited to using only libraries that come with the default install of ActivePerl. I'd like to be able to determine the content type of a file on the fly. I thought CGI.pm might do it, but it looks a little weird to me from the perldoc. If someone has a quick way to determine the type of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of content displayed in the attachment of email

Hi, I'm facing a problem in mailing attachments using uuencode in mailx. I got to attach a couple of flatfiles. I'm able to attach and mail the files successfully. But there is a problem in the format of the flatfiles when they are received as an attachemnt. For Example : Consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of attachment is displaying along with subject in mailx

Hi All, I want to send the csv to an email address. I have tried the below two approaches. Approach1: Got error -ksh: uuencode: not found $ uuencode test_file.csv test_file.csv | mailx -s "Attaching test" msdc.kiran@gmail.com </usr/home/test_file.csv -ksh: uuencode: not found Approach2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and html content

Hi, Please see my code below i'm trying get an email send with attachment and html content in the body. Using the code below will put the encoding for attachment in the body as well SUBJECT="$(echo "XPI Monitoring "${tcnt}" transactions waiting \nContent-Type: text/html")" cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhoshan
3 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)