Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP password through shell script. Post 302813273 by spacebar on Monday 27th of May 2013 01:35:28 AM
Old 05-27-2013
This is a example 'expect' script that should perform what you want(i.e get file from remote host):
Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect --
# Script: sftp_file_from.tcl
# Description: Utility to SFTP a file from(i.e. get) a host(i.e. source)
# usage: sftp_file_to.tcl source_host user pass source_directory local_directory file_name_to_ftp

# Set named parameters
set source_host              [lindex $argv 0]
set sftp_user                [lindex $argv 1]
set sftp_pass                [lindex $argv 2]
set source_directory         [lindex $argv 3]
set local_directory          [lindex $argv 4]
set file_name                [lindex $argv 5]
set sftp_prompt "sftp>?"
set timeout 300

#exp_internal 1;

# Procedure to connect to SFTP server
proc connect { sftp_pass } {
  variable sftp_prompt
  variable source_host
  expect -re "Are you sure you want to continue.*" { exp_send "YES\r"; exp_continue } \
         -re "(Password|password).*:.*"            { exp_send "$sftp_pass\r"; exp_continue } \
         -re $sftp_prompt                          { return 0 } \
         eof                                       { puts "***Error connecting to($source_host)."; return 1 }
         timeout                                   { puts "***Error connecting to($source_host)."; return 1 }
  }

# Procedure to send meesage denoting error, then quit SFTP, then exit with status denoting error.
proc abort { msg } {
  puts "$msg";
  exp_send "quit\r";
  exit 1;
  }

# Connect to the SFTP server
spawn sftp $sftp_user@$source_host
set connect_results [connect $sftp_pass]

# If successful connection, continue, else exit denoting error occured.
if { $connect_results == 0 } {
  # Change to source directory on source server.
  exp_send "cd $source_directory\r"
    expect "No such file or directory" { abort "\n**Error changing to directory($source_directory) on source server." } \
           -re $sftp_prompt            {} \
           timeout { abort "\n**Error changing to directory($source_directory) on source server." }

# Change local directory.
  exp_send "lcd $local_directory\r"
    expect "No such file or directory" { abort "\n**Error changing to directory($local_directory) on local host." } \
           timeout { abort "\n**Error changing to directory($local_directory) on local host." }

# Get file from source host
  set timeout 1800
  exp_send "get $file_name\r"
    expect "not found."                { abort "\n***Error transfering file($file_name) FROM: $source_host)." } \
           timeout { abort "\n***Error transfering file($file_name) FROM: $source_host)." }

# QUIT!!
  exp_send "quit\r"
  # Successful SFTP session so exit with zero status
  exit 0
}
# Error connecting to SFTP server so exit with non-zero status
exit 1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the password in 30 days in sftp script.

Hi, I'm writing a script which actually sftp's(gets!! i'm using mget) files from a windows box to unix server. (i've gone thru forum and got pretty good answers, Thx for that). but the windows box to which i'm ftp'g prompts for a password change every 30 days. so please suggest me how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give sftp a password in a shell scripit

I want to write an sftp script, but I can't put ssh keys on my destination. Is it possible to pass sftp a password inside a script? I know that the -b option makes sftp use a file for params. Can the password go in such a file? How can I do this? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP in Shell Script with RSA-KEY or password.

I am trying to SFTP to a couple sites. One has an RSA-KEY that was sent to me. Currently I am running that manually using WinSCP. I would like to set it up as a CRON process on our Linux host (Sun). Can I use the rsa-key they sent me in any directory or does it need to be placed in a specific... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alemat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp shell script - Password read error.

Hi, I have script which does the sftp function. In the script in one place it able to read the password from file and other place files with below error. warning: has much more security than supplying the password in the clear warning: on the command line. Failed to get password: File... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp batch script with password

I am working on a sftp batch script on a Solaris machine and I need to connect using password. This is not an issue when i do it manually but when I want to make this into a script, i find there are no options for password. Can anyone suggest how I can do it with password? I know using keys is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sftp in shell script without prompting for password?

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to pass password in a shell script for sftp so that i can run it in background without user entering the password? I used a expect script but it timesout after some time and the process remains incomplete at the end. Can anyone suggest any other idea? Will the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script still asking password

Hi All, I have FTP script snippet targetFTP=testcomp userID=testid userPass=XXXXX server_availability () { echo "***********************************************************" >> $FtpLog echo "* Server Availability & User Access Checks *" >> $FtpLog echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					  libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex - remove an SFTP directory SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *path, unsigned int path_len); DESCRIPTION
Remove a directory from the remote file system. sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) sourcefile - Full path of the existing directory to remove. sourcefile_len - Length of the full path of the existing directory to remove. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_init(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)