Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP password through shell script. Post 302813255 by l_gshankar24 on Sunday 26th of May 2013 11:38:15 PM
Old 05-27-2013
SFTP password through shell script.

Hi All,

I would be happy, if someone help me on this that I have only SFTP ID and Password to transfer some log files from webserver boxes to SFTP server

Anyone help me that how to pass the password parameter throough the shell scripts, since i don't have ssh login access on the SFTP Server.. only option to pass the password through my script.

Looking some quick response.Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the password in 30 days in sftp script.

Hi, I'm writing a script which actually sftp's(gets!! i'm using mget) files from a windows box to unix server. (i've gone thru forum and got pretty good answers, Thx for that). but the windows box to which i'm ftp'g prompts for a password change every 30 days. so please suggest me how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give sftp a password in a shell scripit

I want to write an sftp script, but I can't put ssh keys on my destination. Is it possible to pass sftp a password inside a script? I know that the -b option makes sftp use a file for params. Can the password go in such a file? How can I do this? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP in Shell Script with RSA-KEY or password.

I am trying to SFTP to a couple sites. One has an RSA-KEY that was sent to me. Currently I am running that manually using WinSCP. I would like to set it up as a CRON process on our Linux host (Sun). Can I use the rsa-key they sent me in any directory or does it need to be placed in a specific... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alemat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp shell script - Password read error.

Hi, I have script which does the sftp function. In the script in one place it able to read the password from file and other place files with below error. warning: has much more security than supplying the password in the clear warning: on the command line. Failed to get password: File... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp batch script with password

I am working on a sftp batch script on a Solaris machine and I need to connect using password. This is not an issue when i do it manually but when I want to make this into a script, i find there are no options for password. Can anyone suggest how I can do it with password? I know using keys is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sftp in shell script without prompting for password?

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to pass password in a shell script for sftp so that i can run it in background without user entering the password? I used a expect script but it timesout after some time and the process remains incomplete at the end. Can anyone suggest any other idea? Will the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script still asking password

Hi All, I have FTP script snippet targetFTP=testcomp userID=testid userPass=XXXXX server_availability () { echo "***********************************************************" >> $FtpLog echo "* Server Availability & User Access Checks *" >> $FtpLog echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies
CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE - (S)FTP commands to run after the transfer SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE, struct curl_slist *cmds); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a linked list of FTP or SFTP commands to pass to the server after your FTP transfer request. The commands will only be run if no error occurred. The linked list should be a fully valid list of struct curl_slist structs properly filled in as described for CURLOPT_QUOTE(3). Disable this operation again by setting a NULL to this option. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
SFTP and FTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
If support for the protocols are built-in. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_QUOTE(3), CURLOPT_PREQUOTE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE(3)