Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Eliminating sequences based on Distances Post 302813237 by Xterra on Sunday 26th of May 2013 09:36:17 PM
Old 05-26-2013
TXT file uploaded

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming sequences based on specific pattern

My files look like this And I need to cut the sequences at the last "A" found in the following 'pattern' -highlighted for easier identification, the pattern is the actual file is not highlighted. The expected result should look like this Thus, all the sequences would end with AGCCCTA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting sequences based on character frequency

This is what I would like to accomplish, I have an input file (file A) that consist of thousands of sequence elements with the same number of characters (length), each headed by a free text header starting with the chevron ‘>' character followed by the ID (all different IDs with different lenghts)... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming sequences based on Reference

My file looks something like this Wnat I need is to look for the Reference sequence (">Reference1") and based on the length of that sequence trim all the entries in that file. So, the rersulting file will contain all sequences with the same length, like this Thus, all sequences will keep... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing distances from Newick tree format

I have a large numbers of files containing data that look like this: (ID31:0.01682,(ID-123:0.00000,(ID_24:0.00000,ID&890:0.00000):0.00000):0.00000,ID12876:0.00000); (ID_24:-0.00052,(ID31:0.01697,(ID-123:-0.00059,ID&890:0.03528):0.00037):0.00027,ID12876:0.03484); I need to find ":" anywhere... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences based on the list

Hi, I have a file with more than 28000 records and it looks like below.. >mm10_refflat_ABCD range=chr1:1234567-2345678 tgtgcacactacacatgactagtacatgactagac....so on >mm10_refflat_BCD range=chr1:3234567-4545678... tgtgcacactacacatgactagtatgtgcacactacacatgactagta . . . . . so on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting sequences based on scores

I have two files with thousands of sequences of different lengths. infile1 contains the actual sequences and infile2 the scores for each A, T, G and C in infile1. Something like this: infile1: >HZVJKYI01ECH5R TTGATGTGCCAGCTGCCGTTGGTGTGCCAA >HZVJKYI01AQWJ8 GGATATGATGATGAACTGGTTTGGCACACC... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminating entries based on relative values

I have posted this before but did not get much feedback. So I will try again. I need to remove sequences from a file based on values listed on a second file. The sequences file looks like this: Sequences.txt >Sample1 Freq 59 ggatatgatgatgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 54 ggatatgatgttgaactggt... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences from a FASTA file based on another file

I have two files. File1 is shown below. >153L:B|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE RTDCYGNVNRIDTTGASCKTAKPEGLSYCGVSASKKIAERDLQAMDRYKTIIKKVGEKLCVEPAVIAGIISRESHAGKVL KNGWGDRGNGFGLMQVDKRSHKPQGTWNGEVHITQGTTILINFIKTIQKKFPSWTKDQQLKGGISAYNAGAGNVRSYARM DIGTTHDDYANDVVARAQYYKQHGY >16VP:A|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonfrans
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print sequences from file2 based on match to, AND in same order as, file1

I have a list of IDs in file1 and a list of sequences in file2. I can print sequences from file2, but I'm asking for help in printing the sequences in the same order as the IDs appear in file1. file1: EN_comp12952_c0_seq3:367-1668 ES_comp17168_c1_seq6:1-864 EN_comp13395_c3_seq14:231-1088... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting sequences based on length with sed

I have this file: >ID1 AA >ID2 TTTTTT >ID-3 AAAAAAAAA >ID4 TTTTTTGGAGATCAGTAGCAGATGACAG-GGGGG-TGCACCCC Add I am trying to use this script to output sequences longer than 15 characters: sed -r '/^>/N;{/^.{,15}$/d}' The desire output would be this: >ID4... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
hwloc_distances_s(3)					     Hardware Locality (hwloc)					      hwloc_distances_s(3)

NAME
hwloc_distances_s - SYNOPSIS
#include <hwloc.h> Data Fields unsigned relative_depth unsigned nbobjs float * latency float latency_max float latency_base Detailed Description Distances between objects. One object may contain a distance structure describing distances between all its descendants at a given relative depth. If the containing object is the root object of the topology, then the distances are available for all objects in the machine. If the latency pointer is not NULL, the pointed array contains memory latencies (non-zero values), as defined by the ACPI SLIT specification. In the future, some other types of distances may be considered. In these cases, latency may be NULL. Field Documentation float* hwloc_distances_s::latency Matrix of latencies between objects, stored as a one-dimension array. May be NULL if the distances considered here are not latencies. Values are normalized to get 1.0 as the minimal value in the matrix. Latency from i-th to j-th object is stored in slot i*nbobjs+j. float hwloc_distances_s::latency_base The multiplier that should be applied to latency matrix to retrieve the original OS-provided latencies. Usually 10 on Linux since ACPI SLIT uses 10 for local latency. float hwloc_distances_s::latency_max The maximal value in the latency matrix. unsigned hwloc_distances_s::nbobjs Number of objects considered in the matrix. It is the number of descendant objects at relative_depth below the containing object. It corresponds to the result of hwloc_get_nbobjs_inside_cpuset_by_depth. unsigned hwloc_distances_s::relative_depth Relative depth of the considered objects below the object containing this distance information. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Hardware Locality (hwloc) from the source code. Version 1.4.1 Mon Feb 27 2012 hwloc_distances_s(3)