Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Explanation on problem "match" function awk Post 302812237 by Yoda on Saturday 25th of May 2013 10:34:42 AM
Old 05-25-2013
As far as I know awk match function syntax is:
Code:
match (string, regexp)

I noticed that your are passing 3 arguments for match function which is wrong!

To get your expected output, you could simply do:
Code:
gawk -F'|' '
        {
                if ( $2 == "ok" )
                {
                        n = match ( $1, /bbbbb.*/ )
                        if ( n )
                        {
                                $1 = substr ( $1, RSTART, RLENGTH )
                        }
                }
        }
' OFS='|' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert the "select" function into a "poll" function

i have a program using the select function but i want to convert it to poll... how can i do this? thanks in advance... :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbolante
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

ERROR: more than one instance of overloaded function "vprintf" has "C" linkage

Hi people! I've got this own library: -------------------------------------------- Personal.h -------------------------------------------- #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif #include <stdio.h> #include <stdarg.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donatoll
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement to match all lines starting with "#"

Looking for awk statement that will match all lines starting with "# " if ( $1 == \^"#" ) Input file: # of the server. If you would like to set these, please take out the # pound (#) sign in front of one or all severities and set it equal to # severity desired. For example, FATAL=3 #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with ps -ef |grep mysql for: my.cnf /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies
DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)											     DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollWindowSetAreas - Sets up or adds the window region, and the horizontal or vertical scroll bar widgets to the scroll window widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(widget, horizontal_scroll_bar,				vertical_scroll_bar, work_region)
	    Widget widget;
	    Widget horizontal_scroll_bar;
	    Widget vertical_scroll_bar;
	    Widget work_region;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll window widget ID.

horizontal_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the scroll bar widget ID for the horizontal scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNhorizontalScrollBar.

vertical_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the  scroll  bar widget ID for the vertical scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNverticalScrollBar.

work_region
		 Specifies  the  widget  ID for the window to be associated with the scroll window work area.  You can set or specify this ID only
		 after you create an instance of the main window widget.

Description
       The DwtScrollWindowSetAreas function adds or changes a window work region and a horizontal or vertical scroll bar widget to the scroll win-
       dow  widget  for  the  application.  You must call this function before the scroll window widget is realized, that is, before calling the X
       intrinsics function XtRealizeWidget.  Each widget is optional and may be passed as NULL.

See Also
       DwtScrollWindow(3Dwt), DwtWindow(3Dwt),
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)