Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Converting Columns To Rows Sort Of Post 302812041 by Don Cragun on Friday 24th of May 2013 07:48:29 PM
Old 05-24-2013
Are you trying to create a CSV from your input file that you can use as input to Excel, or do you want an awk program that will produce the table you showed at the end of your post with the output columns nicely lined up?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to converting rows to columns, bash

I have in file these words: @fraza1 = rw @fraza2 = r @fraza3 = r @fraza4 = r @fraza5 = r @fraza1 = r @fraza6 = r @fraza7 = r @fraza2 = r @fraza8 = r @fraza9 = r ... I would like so that: ,rw,@fraza1 ,r,@fraza2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting rows into multiple-rows

Hi every one; I have a file with 22 rows and 13 columns which includes floating numbers. I want to parse the file so that every five columns in the row would be a new record (row). For example, the first line in the old file should be converted into three lines with first two lines contain 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PHL
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting columns into rows

Is there anyway to convert columns into raws using awk? (or any other command line):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting rows into columns

Hi, I am trying to fetch some values from db and spooling the output to a file. when i query the db for the values, i get the values in following format. PC_1 wf_test1 Test PC_2 wf_test2 Test PC_3 wf_test3 Test But my spool file was created in following format. PC_1 wf_test1 Test... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns using shell script

I have a script which converts rows to columns. file_name=$1 mailid=$2 #CREATE BACKUP OF ORIGINAL FILE #cp ${file_name}.xlsx ${file_name}_temp.xlsx #tr '\t' '|' < ${file_name}_temp.xlsx > ${file_name}_temp.csv #rm ${file_name}_temp.xlsx pivot_row=`head -1 ${file_name}` sed 1d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy538
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. data looks like: c1,c2,c3,.. r1,r2,r3,.. p1,p2,p3,.. and so on.. output shud be like this: c1,r1,p1,.. c2,r2,p2,.. c3,r3,p3,.. Thanks in advance, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting txt output to rows and columns and send report via mail.

Hi All, I would like to send below output in a tabular column ( xml or excel ) and send a mail. vinay unix anil sql vamsee java request to suggest a solution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows into columns

hi all I need a help ..I have a script that takes has command and its output is like below.. a b a v v a c I am assigning the above outputs to a variable .. <variable name> = <command output> problem here is when I echo the variable ..it gives me output like " a b... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarb
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting columns of text to rows, with blank lines

I've spent the past hour trying different things and googling for this solution and cannot find the answer. Found variations of this, but not this exact thing. I have the following text, which is the output from our mainframe. Each field is on a separate line, with a blank line between each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
7 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus::TT(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Excel::Template::Plus::TT(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus::TT - Extension of Excel::Template to use TT SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus::TT; # this is most commonly used through # the Excel::Template::Plus factory my $template = Excel::Template::Plus::TT->new( template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DESCRIPTION
This is an engine for Excel::Template::Plus which replaces the standard Excel::Template template features with TT. See the Excel::Template::Plus docs for more information. METHODS
Accessors config template template_class params Excel::Template compat methods params ($name | $name = $value)> This provides access to getting and setting the parameters, it behaves exactly like the standard CGI.pm-style param method. output Returns the generated excel file. write_file ($filename) Writes the generated excel file to $filename. Housekeeping DEMOLISH This will cleanup any temp files generated in the process. meta Returns the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module was inspired by Excel::Template::TT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus::TT(3pm)