Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Update error - 7.1 migration builddate fail Post 302811995 by MichaelFelt on Friday 24th of May 2013 05:12:19 PM
Old 05-24-2013
I have not looked at the link in previous post - but I do know there were some DVD's sent out with builddate issues. You must have one.

Open a support call - IBM will send a new one. Or download nearly everything from fix-central. Some customers who have completely setup their corporate ID can also login to IBM and download the DVD as an iso file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update error

I was doing update on my solaris 10 x86 but got the following error /usr/bin/unzip not enough space in the filesystem to extract update. pls how do i go about this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

2. AIX

ML update error

Hi, I have servers JS21 with oslevel 6100-00-11-0943 and now I want to update it to 6100-01-02 but am getting an error. 0503-465 installp: The build date requisite check failed for fileset bos.rte.install. Installed fileset build date of 0943 is more recent than the selected fileset... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query a oracle DB when fail put in in the error log

Hi all, I'm trying to create a script that does the following: Connect with SQLplus to my oracle db. Do a select 1 from dual; and when I don't get a value back. Than put the $DATE in a logfile. What I have until now: #!/bin/bash # values GEN_ERR=1 #error 1 code USER=username... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roadster
8 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo apt-get update fail: Malformed line 59

I am trying to update/add a repository. Whenever I try to do a sudo apt-get update I get the message: E: Malformed line 59 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse) E: The list of sources could not be read. and when I do: gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list I see... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Null values in Columns and fail execution by displaying error message

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a requirement as part of my job to find out null/empty values in column 2 and column 3 from a CSV file and exit the further execution of script by displaying a simple error message. I have developed a script to do this by reading various articles... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
7 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

8. Fedora

Yum update error

Hello, I issued # yum update and received below error. Any idea? # yum update Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, universal-hooks Setting up Update Process Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 204.10.37.146 * base: mirrors.oit.uci.edu * extras:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SPARC T4-1 "ERROR: boot-read fail"

Either I try to boot from USB bootable drive or from a bootable dvdrom, I am receiving a message ERROR: boot-read fail {0} ok probe-scsi-all This command may hang the system if a Stop-A or halt command has been executed. Please type reset-all to reset the system before executing this... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
18 Replies
MMCFORMAT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MMCFORMAT(8)

NAME
mmcformat -- format optical media SYNOPSIS
mmcformat [-BDFGHhIMOpRrSsw] [-b blockingnr] [-c cert-num] special DESCRIPTION
The mmcformat utility formats optical media conforming to the MMC standard. This includes CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray (BD) media. The options are as follows: -B Blank media when possible before formatting it. -b blockingnr Explicitly select packet size in sectors (for CD-RW only). It is not recommended to change this from its default of 32. -c cert-num Certify media for DVD-RAM / DV-RE. The argument cert-num specifies: 0 no certification 1 full certification 2 quick certification -D Debug mode. Print all SCSI/ATAPI command errors. -F Format media. -G Grow last CD-RW/DVD-RW session. -H Show help and print formatting choices for the inserted media. -h Show help and print formatting choices for the inserted media. -I Show help and print formatting choices for the inserted media. -M Select MRW (Mount Rainier) error correcting background format. -O Old style CD-RW formatting; recommended for CD-RW. -p Explicitly set packet format. -R Restart previously stopped MCD-MRW or DVD+RW background format. -r Recompile defect list for DVD-RAM. -S Grow spare space DVD-RAM / BD-RE. -s Format DVD+MRW / BD-RE with extra spare space. -w Wait until completion of background format. NOTES
Due to the enormous varieties in optical media, mmcformat is made as generic as possible. This can result in confusion. EXAMPLES
mmcformat -B -O /dev/rcd0d Blanks and then formats a CD-RW disc using the ``old style'' format command. It is recommended to use this ``old style'' command unless your drive reports that it's not supported; in that case, resort to the default -F. Note that a CD-RW disc can be reformatted without being blanked. Blanking switches between sequential and fixed packet writing by erasing the disc. This can also help to revive old discs. mmcformat -F -M /dev/rcd0d Format a CD-RW or a DVD+RW to use MRW (Mount Rainier). This format tries to hide media flaws as much as possible by relocation. SEE ALSO
scsictl(8) HISTORY
The mmcformat command first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@NetBSD.org> BUGS
mmcformat could be merged with scsictl(8) but that tool is very hard disk oriented. BSD
May 9, 2008 BSD