Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to mount ext4 filesystem (created from Ubuntu) in Solaris 11 Post 302811847 by Prakhar Mishra on Friday 24th of May 2013 10:04:14 AM
Old 05-24-2013
Any open souce option

Thanks @Skrynesaver and @jlliagre for your fast replies.

I wanted to know if there are any packages from oracle/third-party/open source which let me access my ext4 filesystem?

Thanks and Regards,
Prakhar Mishra

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I export a zfs filesystem that I created?

I created a zpool and two ZFS volumes in OpenSolaris. I would like both ZFS volumes to be exportable. However, I don't know how to set that up. These are the steps I did: 1) Create the zpool using raidz1 across five disks. I have six disks and created a zpool across 5 of them. c4t0d0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't mount filesystem

I have 2 Linux servers. rcwlo-ods10g and rcwlo-10gdev I can mount one filesystem from rcwlo-ods10g onto rcwlo-10gdev fine: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/SAN /backup but when I try another one I get: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/backup /backup mount:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
0 Replies

6. AIX

Problem with filesystem created after HACMP was shut down

There is a shared volume group connected to two AIX systems A and B on a shared storage. The shared volume group was regularly attached to the system A and in case of a system A crash, the system B should take over the shared volume group and resources on it. Resources on the shared storage:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamanu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to mount in failsafe mode in Solaris 10

Hi, A server is running solaris 10. From the OK prompt, I have used the command 'boot -F failsafe' and here I am trying to mount a remote directory using the command: #mount 10.238.233.13:/export/home/ssuser /tmp/mnt but i dont get any response for sometime and then it shows the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tayyab101
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What is the difference between o_direct and DAX with ext4 filesystem?

I'm trying to understand the difference between o_direct flag of open system call and dax (direct access) with ext4 filesystem. According to my understanding both bypass page cache. But I'm still unclear about the crucial difference between these 2 techniques. If there is a huge difference... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux

Hello guys, I would like to ask you kindly if you don't know some quick and safe method how to shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux, please? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: los_bandidos
2 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)