Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Screen command
Operating Systems Linux Screen command Post 302811821 by mdsaleemj on Friday 24th of May 2013 09:21:23 AM
Old 05-24-2013
Question Screen command

Hey Guys,
Linux screen command is not working . listing shows it is attached and i pressed some ctrl keys and went out of control.
i believe i locked it . when i try to reattach and press ctrl keys , it get typed in the screen without responding to it.

Please tell how to unlock the locked screen session.

Thanks
Saleem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A screen oriented command!!

Does a screen-oriented commands require you to specify an exact location or address for a particular operation ? Y or N cuz im having a debate right now in the office. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail command not show on screen

Hi, I'm moniroting duplicate text with unix command (tail -f trace75747 | grep 'duplicate'), but it showed many lines then it stop show trace information although trace information in this file trace75747 always got. What should I do? I look forward to hearing from you. THANKS! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyha_moth
10 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

4. Fedora

default session in screen command

Hello sir, Im in a Fedora 9 system. Im using screen to invoke the session that is created by me. Whenever we open the terminal then a session is created by the operating system. I want to know what is the name of default session in screen command. I could not get it using "screen -ls". Can you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Screen Command for BASH shell

I am unable to use clear or cls command on bash shell. I have recently installed Cygwin and am using that for practicing unix commands. I see that I can use Ctrl + L to clear the screen. I created an alias in my .bashrc to do the same as alias cls='^L' This is how i defined other aliases ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erora
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How long screen command runs?

Does screen command run forever? Suppose I have following command inserted at my putty shell followed by screen # screen # export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_21 # export ANT_HOME=/usr/ant # export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo command with screen and ssh

Hi, i need to execute echo command to write in a txt file on a remote machine. i did it in this way: ssh user@remotemachine "echo "put text here" > /home/user/myfile.txt" I tried to run the same command within a detached screen in this way: ssh user@remotemachine screen -dm "echo "put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brembo
3 Replies

9. Linux

Only the terminal(command screen) no GUI, for Windows XP ???

Hi All, Am working in a major IT company, due to security issues, being a fresher am not allowed to install or asking for a specific business reason to install it in my system. The thing is i want to learn Linux, due to the same security issues we need Admin pass to install certain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with bash escaping while using screen command

Hello, everyone. I'm currently trying to write a command system for a Minecraft server using screen. Here are the scripts I'm currently using. 0.sh #!/bin/bash screen -S Test114 -dm java -Xmx4G -jar server.jar nogui 1.sh #!/bin/bash args="$@" args2="${args@Q}" #args3=`printf '%q\n'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Develon
2 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)