Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitor file if match then send mail Post 302811759 by clx on Friday 24th of May 2013 06:07:06 AM
Old 05-24-2013
This thread might help. Please check.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

monitor log entries and send e-mail

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! I am stuck and worried. My assignment was due a day ago and I was too busy completing other assignments due during the same time. I worry that not completing this assignment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin8465
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

monitor log entries and send e-mail

I am stuck and worried. My assignment was due a day ago and I was too busy completing other assignments due during the same time. I worry that not completing this assignment will fail me. Need urgent help in completing the script asap. I dont want to sound pushy to get the answer but just wanted to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin8465
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor log file for a Error and generate the e-mail.

This is my log file and this is live log. Any abnormal error other than following I need to generate the email. Log path : /DER/app/admin/ABC/bdump/erg.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 0: /ora2/oradata/ABC/redo02a.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hishanms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for shell script to monitor CPU utilization and send mail once exceed 75%

Dear Group, I'm look for shell script to Monitor CPU usage and send mail once it exceed 75% I'm running Suse10.4. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clfever
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic script for monitor send mail service

Hi All Need help Can any one share a basic script that is used for monitor sendmail service whether online, offline.etc in solaris Thanks in advance Zimmy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor a file and send mail

I want to monitor the maillog file in real time and send a mail when a certain grep condition is met. Every time the grep condition is met a mail will be sent. I wish to ignore all grep conditions 30 mins after each mail and thereafter continue monitoring. For example: Condition is met, mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
IWATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 IWATCH(1)

NAME
iwatch - a realtime filesystem monitor / monitor any changes in directories/files specified SYNOPSIS
iwatch [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the iwatch command. iWatch is a realtime filesystem monitoring program. It's a simple perl script to monitor changes in specific directories/files and send email notification immediately. It reads the dir/file list from xml config file and needs inotify support in kernel (Linux Kernel >= 2.6.13). OPTIONS
Usage for daemon mode of iWatch: iwatch [-d] [-f <config file>] [-v] [-p <pid file>] In the daemon mode iWatch has the following options: -d Execute the application as daemon. iWatch will run in foregroud without this option. -f <configfile.xml> Specify alternative configuration file. Default is /etc/iwatch/iwatch.xml. -p <pidfile> Specify an alternate pid file (default: /var/run/iwatch.pid) -v Be verbose. Usage for command line mode of iWatch: iwatch [-c command] [-e event[,event[,..]]] [-h|--help] [-m <email address>] [-r] [-s <on|off>] [-t <filter string>] [-v] [--version] [-x exception] [-X <regex string as exception>] <target> In the command line mode iWatch has the following options: -c <command> You can specify a command to be executed if an event occurs. For details about the string format take a look at /usr/share/doc/iwatch/README.gz. -C <charset> Specify the charset (default is utf-8). -e <event[,event[,..]]> Events list. For details about possible events take a look at /usr/share/doc/iwatch/README.gz. -h, --help Print help message. -m <emailaddress> Contact point's email address. Without this option, iwatch will not send any email notification (obviously). -r Recursivity of the watched directory. -s on|off Enable or disable reports to the syslog (default is off/disabled). -t <filter> Filter string (regex) to compare with the filename or directory name. -x <exception file or directory> Specify the file or directory which should not be watched. -X <regex string as exception> Specify a regex string as exception. USAGE EXAMPLES
% iwatch /tmp Monitor changes in /tmp directory with default events. % iwatch -r -e access,create -m root@localhost -x /etc/mail /etc Monitor only access and create events in /etc directory recursively with /etc/mail as exception and send email notification to cahya@localhost. % iwatch -r -c (w;ps -ef)|mail -s '%f was changed' root@localhost /bin Monitor /bin directory recursively and execute the command. % iwatch -r -X '.svn' ~/projects Monitor ~/projects directory recursively, but exclude any .svn directories inside. This can't be done with a normal '-x' option since '-x' can only exclude the defined path. AUTHOR
iwatch was written by Cahya Wirawan <cahya@gmx.at>. This manual page was written by Michael Prokop <mika@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). IWATCH(1)