Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Which Process is causing Paging? Post 302811711 by -=XrAy=- on Friday 24th of May 2013 03:30:21 AM
Old 05-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanz
4) Could you please advice on relation between inuse,pgsp,virtual?
I am sorry that I am asking to many questions that bto in my reply. But in the past also I have stuck in similar situation and could not found solution
Inuse: (how many memory pages are in use)
Pin: (how many memory pages are pinned)
Pgsp: (hoe many memory pages reside on paging space)
Virtual: (how many memory pages are in use without program text)

Which Process is causing Paging?-h02i4jpg

Please have a look at the following nice articles:
VMM concepts
Some notes regarding memory leak

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paging

Hi all, Is there a paging utility in UNIX, when we can page some one for some condition Best Regards Omran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omran
1 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Space per process

This is my first post, and I am new to the UNIX world. Hopefully this question won't be too lame. I know that I can use topas to see the paging space used by some processes. I would like to script something that can add up the paging space used by process owned by or associated with an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alntht
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

paging

I need a script which sends a mail when paging is happening and which process is causing paging? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
5 Replies

4. AIX

Paging space

Hi, I have paging size 2048M showed from topas and 10240M showed from "lsps -a", can anyone tell what is the difference? and how to change the PAGING SIZE (showed in topas) to 8192M? Can you please tell in detail step? Thanks! Victor #topas Topas Monitor for host: egsprc01dev ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output (Paging)

how to get output of a file which is large screen by screen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayur_verma
1 Replies

6. AIX

Paging

Hi , I have 8Gb memory in my JS21 server. When I run svmon it shows 3655Mb memory is utilized and 4344Mb free. I have configured 8Gb paging space and 14% is utilized which is 1Gb. I dont have memory issues but just want to know Why 1gb paging is utilized when my almost 4Gb real memory is free?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

7. AIX

How to know which process is causing the closed_wait?

I do have a friend who have this script already but lost it. Can you please help to give me a script that can capture the closed_wait on the stack and identify which process using it. I am thinking of using netstat and rmsock. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
2 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies