Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using GREP in IF Statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using GREP in IF Statement Post 302811555 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 23rd of May 2013 04:34:10 PM
Old 05-23-2013
Maybe to not exceed the 80 characters terminal width?
Since Bourne shell 1.0 there is
Code:
man sh
if list ; then list ; [ elif list ; then list ; ] ... [ else
     list ; ]  fi

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep in if statement

Can somebody please guide me towards right syntax: #!/bin/ksh if i = $(grep $NAME filename) echo "Name Found" else echo " Name not Found" fi I need to grep for $NAME in the file, and if it returns false, execute a series of commands and if true, exit out. The above is not the right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep in a test/if statement

Okay, well this is more or less my first attempt at writing a shell script. Anyways, here's my code: cd ${PATH} if then rm ${FILE} ./anotherScript else exit 1 fi exit 1 Anyways, it's a pretty simple script that is supposed to search for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swich statement based on a grep?

I'm piping the results of a tcpdump into a shell script and want certain commands executed (specifically the firing of an SNMP alert) based on a grep for certain contents in the output of tcpdump. For example, I have #!/bin/bash while read str; do grep 'ttl 64' -q && sudo snmptrap -v 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep entire statement not just line

(extract from SQL binlog file...) # at 4960 #080801 14:35:31 server id 4 end_log_pos 195 Query thread_id=63121426 exec_time=0 error_code=0 use d_jds; SET TIMESTAMP=1217581531; UPDATE bid_details set bidding = 3170.37 ,deduction=if((3170.37 < 37.43),0,deduction) where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep statement

Hi All, Please can somebody advise that if I want to search a pattern xyz the grep command should only select xyz and not any other pattern containing xyz (ex abxyzcd) Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / grep / for statement performance - please help

I'm searching the most effective way of doing the following task, so if someone can either provide a working solution with sed or one totally different but more effective then what I've got so far then please go ahead! The debugme directory has 3 subdirectorys and each of them has one .txt file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with grep as conditional

Please see the script segment below for i in $files do echo $i if ; then case "$1" in "IE0263"|"IE0264"|"IE0267"|"IE0268") short_filename=`ls -l $i | cut -c108-136 | sort` ;; "IE0272"|"IE0273") short_filename=`ls -l $i | cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk/sed/grep with goto statement!

Hi, I have an array with characters and I am looking for specific character in that array and if those specific character not found than I use goto statment which is define somehwhere in the script. My code is: set a = (A B C D E F) @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#a}) if ($a != "F" || $a != "D")... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Segmentation Fault If statement

I receive a segmentation fault on some servers when grepping a string, but not when I use -i, and vice-versa. I have googled this and realise it is usually a hardware / memory issue. I'd like to write an if statement that says "if grep string returns 'Segmentation fault' then grep the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps -ef|grep <processname> usage in IF statement

Hi, Am working in a filenet domain where we are using AIX as our terminal to run the jobs and schedule the shell scripts to run . In my previous post regarding the "Log modification with finding errors" ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
12 Replies
PPI::Statement::Data(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   PPI::Statement::Data(3)

NAME
PPI::Statement::Data - The __DATA__ section of a file SYNOPSIS
# Normal content __DATA__ This: data is: part of: the PPI::Statement::Data: object INHERITANCE
PPI::Statement::Compound isa PPI::Statement isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Statement::Data" is a utility class designed to hold content in the __DATA__ section of a file. It provides a single statement to hold all of the data. METHODS
"PPI::Statement::Data" has no additional methods beyond the default ones provided by PPI::Statement, PPI::Node and PPI::Element. However, it is expected to gain methods for accessing the data directly, (as a filehandle for example) just as you would access the data in the Perl code itself. TO DO
- Add the methods to read in the data - Add some proper unit testing SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Statement::Data(3)