Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count & Result
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count & Result Post 302811489 by RudiC on Thursday 23rd of May 2013 03:18:07 PM
Old 05-23-2013
No need for arrays, neither in awk nor in ksh:
Code:
$ cat Count.log |sort -t 1 | uniq -c | while read CNT LINE; do printf "%40s:%5s\n" "$LINE" "$CNT"; done
           Back-end  Invalid Id Password:    9
         Back-end  User state is invalid:    2
            Balance amount is not enough:    1
                                 Success:    5
                          User Not found:    1
                              User error:    1

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line Count & MAil Issues

Please help...I forgot how to do a linecount in Solaris. I'm list a report & I'm trying to count how many instances. Also, I need to read & clean up mail for root. What directory is that again. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search& count for the occurence of a word

Greetings, I need to search and count all the occurences of a word in all the files in a directory. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skoppana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit field count result

Hi all, I'm trying to count the fields in a file and I'm not getting back the desired result. I was wondering if anyone can help. This is the code: #!/bin/bash a=$(awk '{print NF}' foobar) if then echo "this works" else echo "no it's $a instead" fi The foobar file contains... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep char count & pipe to sed command

Hi I am having a 'grep' headache Here is the contents of my file: (PBZ,CP,(((ME,PBZ,BtM),ON),((ME,((PBZ,DG),(CW9,PG11))),CW9,TS2,RT1))) I would like to count out how many times 'PBZ' occurs and then place that number in the line above 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax for counting & printing record count

Hi I have a complex script which outputs a text file for loading into a db. I now need to enhance this script do that I can issue an ‘lp' command to show the count of the number of records in this file. Can anybody give me the necessary syntax ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: Count & Sort Using Array's

Hi, I'm new to linux & bash so please forgive my ignorance, just wondering if anyone can help. I have a file (mainfile.txt) with comma deliminated values, like so: $1 $2 $3 613212, 36, 57 613212, 36, 10 613212, 36, 10 677774, 36, 57 619900, 10, 10 i need to split this file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTOE
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to count files & create log of that.

Hi Friends, I need some help. First look at my files hierchachy /<level-1>/<level-2>/<level-3>/*.tif eg. : /2010-07-01/AFFIDAVIT-OF-SERVICE---FOR-SC/001/Babylon2_20100701012049_1278004849.49892_000.tif... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of files and use result as variable

Hi there I have a .ksh script that I am using on an AIX ( Actual Level 5.3.10.0, Maintenance Level 5.3.0.0) where I am logging into a windows box, doing a file count on that server and returning the output to the UNIX session. I would like to exit the script at this point in time if the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching & storing result in variable

Hi! i'm trying to parse textfiles against a pattern and storing the result in a variable. The strings i want to get are embraced by and can occur several times in one line, so e.g. some text anything else endwhat i have so far: #!/bin/bash for f in $* do exec 3<&0 exec 0<$f ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoni
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep & count in ksh

Hello, I have input file with queue names No.esprd.Queue|No.esdev.Queue|||n|120|No_User||No_User| No.esdev.Queue|No.esdev.Queue|||n|120|No_User||No_User| I have to check if the input file contains word "esprd" and the number of times it occurs. I will have to do further... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Green_Star
22 Replies
Count(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation						Count(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Count - Lire class that implements the count operator SYNOPSIS
use Lire::Count DESCRIPTION
Class that implements the count operator. This operator counts the number of DLF records in the current group. If the fields attribute is set, the count statistics will be equals to the number of different values present in the fields specified by that attribute. Its also possible to express the count as a ratio of the total count for the group or table. METHODS
new( %params ) Creates a new Lire::Count object. In addition to the values supported by its parents, the fields and ratio attributes will be initialized to the values specified in the %params argument. fields( [$new_fields] ) Returns the fields for which we are counting the different values. This a reference to an array of DLF field names. If the $new_fields parameter is set, it will be used as the new $fields value. It must be an array reference and should only contains valid field names for the current report specification's schema. ratio([$new_ratio]) Returns how the count will be expressed. This can one of three possible values: none Default. The absolute count will be used. group The count will be expressed as a percentage of the group's count. table The count will be expressed as a percentage of the table's total count. SEE ALSO
Lire::ReportSpec(3pm), Lire::ReportOperator(3pm), Lire::Aggregator(3pm), Lire::Aggregate(3pm). AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: Count.pm,v 1.16 2008/03/09 19:27:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2008-03-09 Count(3pm)