Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split column using awk in a text file Post 302811119 by RudiC on Thursday 23rd of May 2013 04:34:06 AM
Old 05-23-2013
Please use code tags, not quote tags.
Try this:
Code:
awk     '       {n  = split ($8,TMP,";")
                 $8 = ""
                 for (i=1; i<=n; i++)
                        if (match (TMP[i], /^DP=|^MQ=|^SNPEFF/)) {sub (/^.*=/,"",TMP[i]); $8 = $8 ($8?"\t":"") TMP[i]}
                }
        ' FS="\t" file
chr1 403111 . G A 42 . 34    53    INTERGENIC    NONE    MODIFIER GT:GQ:PL 0/1:75:72,0,118 SAM

chr1 412573 . A C 2758.77 . 71    58.36    INTERGENIC    NONE    MODIFIER GT:ADP:GQ:PL1/1:0,71:71:99:2787,214,0 GATKSAM

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a fixed width text file into several ones based on a column value?

Hi, I have a fixed width text file without any header row. One of the columns contains a date in YYYYMMDD format. If the original file contains 3 dates, I want my shell script to split the file into 3 small files with data for each date. I am a newbie and need help doing this. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanja_trinanja
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file hello i would like to use awk to do the following calculation from the following snippet. input file C;2390 ;CV BOUILLOTTE 2L 2FACES NERVUREES ;1.00 ;3552612239004;13417 ;25 ;50 ; 12;50000 ; ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iindie
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to log transform a column in a tab-delimited text file?

How do I use awk to log transform the fifth column of a tab-delimited text file? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split text separated by ; in a column into multiple columns

Hi, I need help to split a long text in a column which is separated by ; and i need to print them out in multiple columns. My input file is tab-delimited and has 11 columns as below:- aRg02004 21452 asdfwf 21452 21452 4.6e-29 5e-29 -1 3 50 ffg|GGD|9009 14101.10 High class -node. ; ffg|GGD|969... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to sum a column based on duplicate strings in another column and show split totals

Hi, I have a similar input format- A_1 2 B_0 4 A_1 1 B_2 5 A_4 1 and looking to print in this output format with headers. can you suggest in awk?awk because i am doing some pattern matching from parent file to print column 1 of my input using awk already.Thanks! letter number_of_letters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashob123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file into column with awk?

The following is my code nawk -F',' ' BEGIN { printf "MSISDN,IMSI,NAM,TS11,TS21,TS22,OBO,OBI,BAIC,BAOC,BOIC,BOIEXH,APNID0,APNID1,APNID2,APNID3,APNID0,CSP,RSA\n" } { for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) { split($i,a,":") gsub(" ","", a) printf "%s;",a } printf "\n" }'HLR_DUMP_BZV >> HLR_full This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gillesi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: split column if special characters

Hi, I've data like these: Gene1,Gene2 snp1 Gene3 snp2 Gene4 snp3 I'd like to split line if comma and then print remaining information for the respective gene. My code: awk '{ if($1 ~ /,/){ n = split($0, t, ",") (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split columns to row after N number of column

I want to split this with every 5 or 50 depend on how much data the file will have. And remove the comma on the end Source file will have 001,0002,0003,004,005,0006,0007,007A,007B,007C,007E,007F,008A,008C Need Output from every 5 tab and remove the comma from end of each row ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using awk to split a column into two columns

Hi, I am trying to split the following output into two columns, where each column has Source: Destination: OUTPUT TO FILTER $ tshark -r Capture_without_mtr.pcap -V | awk '/ (Source|Destination): /' | more Source: x.x.x.x Destination: x.x.x.x Source:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
2 Replies
HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags(3pm)

NAME
HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags - A filter that outputs only complete tags SYNOPSIS
use HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags; use MyFilter; # this filter only works on complete tags my $filter = MyFilter->new(); # note that both filters will be run on the same messages # (those with a MIME type of text/html) $proxy->push_filter( mime => 'text/*', response => HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags->new ); $proxy->push_filter( mime => 'text/html', response => $filter ); DESCRIPTION
The HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags filter makes sure that the next filter in the filter chain will only receive complete tags. METHOD
This class defines two methods, that are called automatically: filter() Buffer incomplete tags to ensure that subsequent filters will only receive complete HTML tags. will_modify() This method returns a false value, thus indicating to the system that it will not modify data passing through. SEE ALSO
HTTP::Proxy, HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter. AUTHOR
Philippe "BooK" Bruhat, <book@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2006, Philippe Bruhat. LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-03 HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags(3pm)