Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Max size directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Max size directory Post 302811069 by Jotne on Thursday 23rd of May 2013 03:10:09 AM
Old 05-23-2013
List all folders, sorted in megabyte
Code:
du -m /it/u00 | sort -nr | more

Last edited by vbe; 11-05-2015 at 04:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max size of variable

What is the maximum amount of characters that you can have in a varible name in the ksh shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Max I/O Size

My HP-UX 11.0 system is supporting an Oracle database. I have found a number of references on the Net to the "Max I/O size" in relation to setting Oracle parameters. How can I tell what my max i/o size is? I originally made the assumption that it was referring to my stripe size but now I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

3. Programming

Max file size can't exceed 2 GB

We have Sun OS 5.9 we are doing a backup process (ProC program) that uses the function... fprintf(fp,"%s;%s;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%ld;%ld;%ld;%s;%s;%s;%d;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%ld;%s;%ld;%s;%ld;%s;%s;%c%c",x_contrno, x_subno, x_b_subno,x_transdate,x_last_traffic_date,BillAmt_s, x_billamount_int,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
10 Replies

4. AIX

max size of a volum group with 5.3

hello i would like to create a volume group with 2200 Go (with pp size= 64) it is possible, or it is too big ? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the max file size

Does anyone know a way to determine the maximum filesize on a file system on Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, and OSF1 using the command line? TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dknight
2 Replies

6. Solaris

max. size of file

I wants to ask that what is the max size of file that we can create in the unix file system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerghogre
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max. file size

i want to know what is the maximum file size supported by linux with ext3 file system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max size of the attachment

Hi Gurus, I am unable to send a file which size is more than 10mb through the "sendmail" command in unix. I searched from internet and followed the path specified over there "/etc/mail/sendmail.cf" and too "/etc/mail/main.cf" but found in those files below lines. # maximum message size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding max size

Hi I have a list of 2000 records with multiple entries and I want to get the max size for each entry ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 DEF 1 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies