Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script to check the memory usage in AIX Post 302810827 by System Admin 77 on Wednesday 22nd of May 2013 03:04:51 PM
Old 05-22-2013
Script to check the memory usage in AIX

Thanks much bakunin & verdepollo. Appreciate your input. sorry for the late reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kollam68
1 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollam68
3 Replies

3. Programming

how to use ioctl to check out memory usage

Hi all, I tried to output memory usage information while the process is executing at a particular time. I found out some people suggesting calling the ioctl. I followed it and wrote a test example: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanchen
2 Replies

4. AIX

Memory usage on AIX

How to check the memory usage on AIX by various processes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage

Hi, I have AIX 5.3TL8 two node cluster using HACMP and have 10g database using RAW devices. I am seeing gradual increase in comp% memory everyday and it reaches 100% and evicts the node, we had 4 evictions in 40days. I am pasting vmstat and vmo output, anyone seen this issue? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin7386
5 Replies

7. Linux

how to check memory usage ?

hello, I have purchased VPS from one webhosting company. VPS comes with Virtuozzo power panel. It has 512MB gurranted RAM and dynamic RAM 2048 MB. I have hosted single domain with 50MB database and wordpress installation. But I am getting resource alerts. It goes sometime in yellow... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrugesh78
8 Replies

8. AIX

Memory usage in AIX server

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the performance, MEMORY/ Virtual Memory (paging /swap space) Please see the nmon-MEMORY stats from my AIX LPAR. 24 GB --> RAM 3456 MB --> Paging Space │ Memory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── │... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Memory Usage check

Hello Friends, I need to check memory usage & availability before I could run a program if there is enough memory is left or not, so how could i achieve this? Which command output i should rely on? I have diplayed outputs of SAR, VMstat and PRstat commands below, But how could i check memory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I check actual memory usage each Process?

I can't check actual memory usage in the Redhat 5.5... The used memory is 14214 Mb of Total 15919 by Free -m command. I sum the RSS value on PS aux command result and the value is 5428.66Mb. Yes It's quite different actual usage memory and RSS value. So I added Shared memory value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
5 Replies
smfi_setreply(3N)														 smfi_setreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setreply() - sets the default SMTP error reply code SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code as a null-terminated string. rcode cannot be set to NULL value. rcode must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893/2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. message Specifies the text part of the SMTP reply. If message is set to NULL, an empty message is used. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. uses this code on subsequent error replies from the Milter function. can be called from any function except the function. Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, CR or LF causes the call to fail, a single (percentage) character can cause the text to be ignored. If a (percentage) character must be used in a string, it must be used as o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, or 2034. o If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the normal reply is not used. If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of these two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns if the rcode or xcode argument is invalid or a memory allocation failure occurs; otherwise; returns AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setreply(3N)