Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS server crashed
Special Forums IP Networking DNS server crashed Post 302810765 by AIX_30 on Wednesday 22nd of May 2013 01:22:23 PM
Old 05-22-2013
DNS server crashed

If Freebsd DNS server that served 100 people is crashed. How to move this 100 people to a new FreeBSD DNS server as quickly as possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns server

Hi all, I need to know step by step procedure to configure and to test a dns server on redhatlinux 7.2. thanks and reg, bache gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

old server crashed

Hello We had an old system designed in fortran that ran on a IBM RS6000 AIX 3.2 system. The person who designed is long gone. It was replaced with a completely different (non unix) system 6 years ago. We still used it for historical lookups of older information. Well yesterday it died. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billfaith
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

5. Linux

Find out process that crashed the server

Hi everybody, I want to find out all the processes that ran before a server crashed. Is that possible? I've looked in /var/log/messages and found out that the system was out of memory. A user probably wrote a script (in Perl or Python) that used up all available memory and crashed the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Solaris

DNS Server help

Hi Team, I need to find the clients which are being served by the DNS server in our environment. The approach currently i am having is to look for the DNS server IP in nameserver IP in the /etc/resolv.conf file in all the servers in our environment. Do we have any command(s) which gives... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishalaswani
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

What do you do right after a server crashed.

What do you check???? Thanks! JC (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 server crashed two times

Hi, I have two Solaris 10 servers. First server crashed last week (Monday) and second one crashed over the weekend. I have checked the logs such as /var/adm/messages, syslog and dmesg. So for I found none. My management wants to know why the server crashed. I need to come with some kind of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 avahi-dnsconfd(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd - Unicast DNS server from mDNS/DNS-SD configuration daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-dnsconfd [options] avahi-dnsconfd --kill avahi-dnsconfd --refresh avahi-dnsconfd --check DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd connects to a running avahi-daemon and runs the script /etc/avahi/dnsconfd.action for each unicast DNS server that is announced on the local LAN. This is useful for configuring unicast DNS servers in a DHCP-like fashion with mDNS. OPTIONS
-D | --daemonize Daemonize after startup and redirect log messages to syslog. -s | --syslog Log to syslog instead of STDERR. Implied by --daemonize. -k | --kill Kill an already running avahi-dnsconfd. (equivalent to sending a SIGTERM) -r | --refresh Tell an already running avahi-dnsconfd to refresh the DNS server data. (equivalent to sending a SIGHUP) -c | --check Return 0 as return code when avahi-dnsconfd is already running. -h | --help Show help -v | --version Show version information FILES
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action: the script to run when a DNS server is found or removed. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM: avahi-dnsconfd will shutdown. This is issued by passing --kill to avahi-daemon. SIGHUP: avahi-dnsconfd will refresh the DNS server data. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon(8), avahi-dnsconfd.action(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd(8)