Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux fdisk question (Oracle Enterprise Linux) Post 302810753 by Corona688 on Wednesday 22nd of May 2013 01:03:12 PM
Old 05-22-2013
This is an old warning which doesn't apply to modern disks. You can ignore it, especially on a virtual disk which doesn't actually have cylinders in any sense of the word.

Beware that very small ext2/3 partitions may have a small number of inodes, which can limit the number of files you put on a filesystem even when all available space isn't exhausted. You can adjust how many inodes you get when you create the filesystem, but it's very very difficult to add more later.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5

Hi all, I have an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server which is a virtual guest on a vSphere host. I have provisioned 500GB disk space from SAN. I then migrated the VM from a 200GB disk onto the new 500GB disk. I then increased the disk space allocated to the VMware to the maximum size of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

2. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

3. Linux

Oracle Enterprise Linux

Simple question: i need a linux distro wich support Veritas Storage,Veritas said Oracle Enterprise Linux is supported. The question is: where to download Oracle Enterprise Linux? I have tried https://edelivery.oracle.com But i found only Oracle Linux Server aka unbreakable Linux. Where to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
OCI_SERVER_VERSION(3)													     OCI_SERVER_VERSION(3)

oci_server_version - Returns the Oracle Database version

SYNOPSIS
string oci_server_version (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
Returns a string with the Oracle Database version and available options PARAMETERS
o $connection - RETURN VALUES
Returns the version information as a string or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_server_version(3) example <?php $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); echo "Server Version: " . oci_server_version($conn); // Displays: // Server Version: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production // With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing option oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ociserverversion(3) instead. This old name still can be used. However it is deprecated and not recommended. SEE ALSO
oci_client_version(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SERVER_VERSION(3)