Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Experts - Need suggestion
Special Forums IP Networking Experts - Need suggestion Post 302810563 by Jotne on Wednesday 22nd of May 2013 05:26:25 AM
Old 05-22-2013
Get hold of some books like Linux For Dummies
Then experiment.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Experts !!! I Need HELP immediately..!

HI, I am getting the error : ErrCode:-2 Message:Application Initialisation function Err Params:Could not Load SO/DLL Nothing specific is coming, just the above error. Can anyone tell me how to debug this error. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol_helwatkar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for Advice from Experts

Where to start... I am a system administrator who didn't think he would ever be one. My first work was on Window 2000 as a tech(hardware, installs, stuff like that). Then we got Macs (I work in photography and Videography). The I was sent to Mac cert school. Set up a Mac Xserve and about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squidy P
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Experts - Need your help

Hi All, I am using ingres in perl select count(*) rec from user_tables where table_name = 'abc'; I want to use the alias variable 'rec' and check the value if >0 insert values else create table. How can I do this without using hash variables in perl. Kindly help me in this regard. Much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Experts !!! Please advise

Hi, I work on sun Solaris. Am hosting few web services on my server which are accessed over the internet. Now to check whether the web service is responding or not, i first have to log in to the web service URL. If it doesn't respond there, i come back to my server box and restart the service... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sting672744
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for experts

Hi i'm working with mpi programs every thing ok but i need after i compile the mpi to calc the area of the rectangle for example (not my program) accept two arguments from the command line: mpirun -n 4 myprog 24 100 here 24 and 100 two arguments i'll pass them to the program how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts!! please help me

Hi experts, Please help me on the below: how to write a shell script to search and delete files on windows server. -script runs on unix box -it should search for specific files on windows server and delete them periodically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chpradeepch
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk experts please help

I have a log file of 60 MB with 20k records which contains data like below. this contains some data so removed 2891358271000020, 2012-12-02 23:16:17 , 2012-12-02 23:16:17 , 378015123, 2012-12-02 23:16:19 , 2012-12-02 23:16:19 , (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To all the awk experts out there!

Hello All, I recently encountered this difficulty in processing a File. Input File has millions of records with fields like below ID1,ID2,DATE,FLAG,VAL 123,432,0604,1,-0.5 123,432,0604,22,0.5 123,433,0604,1,-0.54 123,433,0604,22,6.77 123,543,0605,22,0.94 To put this simply, I will have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
8 Replies
IP-TOKEN(8)							       Linux							       IP-TOKEN(8)

NAME
ip-token - tokenized interface identifer support SYNOPSIS
ip token { COMMAND | help } ip token { set } TOKEN dev DEV ip token { get } dev DEV ip token { list } DESCRIPTION
IPv6 tokenized interface identifer support is used for assigning well-known host-part addresses to nodes whilst still obtaining a global network prefix from Router advertisements. The primary target for tokenized identifiers are server platforms where addresses are usually manually configured, rather than using DHCPv6 or SLAAC. By using tokenized identifiers, hosts can still determine their network prefix by use of SLAAC, but more readily be automatically renumbered should their network prefix change [1]. Tokenized IPv6 Identifiers are described in the draft [1]: <draft-chown-6man-tokenised-ipv6-identifiers-02>. ip token set - set an interface token set the interface token to the kernel. Once a token is set, it cannot be removed from the interface, only overwritten. TOKEN the interface identifer token address. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token get - get the interface token from the kernel show a tokenized interface identifer of a particular networking device. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip token set but the TOKEN must be left out. ip token list - list all interface tokens list all tokenized interface identifers for the networking interfaces from the kernel. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Daniel Borkmann iproute2 28 Mar 2013 IP-TOKEN(8)