Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fsck in vxvm
Operating Systems Solaris Fsck in vxvm Post 302810469 by tiger09 on Tuesday 21st of May 2013 11:32:35 PM
Old 05-22-2013
Question Fsck in vxvm

Hi,
When we are running fsck in vxvm FS within few sec it will completed even if data is more than 500GB or in TB also.

compare to UFS FS in that it will take more time compare with vxvm.UFS check FS in block level. & then vvxm on where its checking the FS.

Please explain.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

fsck -y

Once in a while, I would think it advisable to run fsck -y to check the disk. Should I sign in as su or sudo? What is the difference and which is preferred? Thank you in Advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpatrick
4 Replies

2. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

3. Solaris

fsck

OS: Solaris 5.8 Everytime I run fsck -y I get: FILE SYSTEM STATE IN SUPERBLOCK IS WRONG; FIX? yes Do I need to run fsck with the backup superblock option or is there some other option I should use. I have tried the format->analyze->read option but that does not report any corrupt blocks.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fsck - what should be done?

I want to use fsck to check and repair my linux system. When I use this command, what do I need to pay attention to or what should I do to make job running successfully. Thanks for your inputs for a newbie. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

5. Solaris

VxVM softpartitions

Is there a way to create "softpartitions" with Veritas Volume Manager? I have a bunch of disks and i want to create a RAID 5 with them. On that RAID5, i want to split that RAID into two separated file systems like i could do it with SDS/LVM or ZFS, but i don't want to create two RAID5 in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

6. Solaris

fsck -o

Hello I am getting this in dmesg: /mount1: unexpected free inode 1262865, run fsck(1M) -o f What are the options I should use with fsck? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about fsck

i want to know what does it mean by doing a consistentcy check fsck on a disk and why journaling filesystems dont need to do it and what is meant by disk is in a consistent state when writing because entries are recorded in a journal and then to the metadata and then removed from journal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhan_t49
1 Replies

9. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

10. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies
vxse(1M)																  vxse(1M)

NAME
vxse - Storage Expert rules SYNOPSIS
/opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] check /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] info /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] list /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] run [attribute=value...] DESCRIPTION
Storage Expert consists of a set of simple commands that collects VxVM configuration data and compares it with "best practice." Storage Expert then produces a summary report that shows which objects do not meet these criteria and makes recommendations for VxVM configuration improvements. These user-configurable tools help you as an administrator to verify and validate systems and non-optimal configurations in both small and large VxVM installations. Storage Expert components include a set of rule scripts and a rules engine. The rules engine runs the scripts and produces ASCII output, which is organized and archived by Storage Expert's report generator. This output contains information about areas of VxVM configuration that do not meet the set criteria. By default, output is sent to the screen, but you can redirect it to a file using standard UNIX redi- rection. KEYWORDS
check Lists the default values used by a rule's attributes. info Describes what a rule does. list Lists the attributes of a rule that can be set. run Runs a rule. If one or more attribute-value pairs are specified, these override the values set in the defaults file. OPTIONS
-d defaults_file Specifies an alternate default attribute-values file to the standard file, /etc/default/vxse. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group to be examined instead of the default disk group (see vxdg(1M)). -v Specifies verbose output format. EXAMPLES
Note: The executable rule files are located in the directory, /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm. These examples assume that this directory has been added to the PATH variable. Discover what the vxse_stripes2 rule does: vxse_stripes2 info Display the attributes that are available for the vxse_drl1 rule: vxse_drl1 list Display the default values of the attributes for the vxse_stripes2 rule: vxse_stripes2 check Run the vxse_volplex rule on the mydg disk group: vxse_volplex -g mydg run Run the vxse_drl2 rule on the mydg disk group with the value of the large_mirror_size attribute set to 30MB: vxse_drl2 -g mydg run large_mirror_size=30m Run the vxse_srl2 rule using the default attribute values that are set in the file mydefaultsfile: vxse_drl2 -d mydefaultsfile -g mydg run FILES
/etc/default/vxse Standard attribute values file for vxse rules. /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm Directory containing executable rules. NOTES
See the "Using Veritas Storage Expert" chapter in the Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide for a description of the rules and their attributes. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M), vxintro(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxse(1M)