Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl read file with dates in
Top Forums Programming Perl read file with dates in Post 302810341 by ab52 on Tuesday 21st of May 2013 04:12:00 PM
Old 05-21-2013
thanks guys wokrs like s charm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Single Value From File With Perl

Hi all, I have what I would have thought was a very simple problem but I can' find an elegant solution. I have a file which has a single value you in it, say 194. All I want my perl script to do is open the file, read the value and assign that value to a variable. I've done stuff like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of a file using PERL

Hi My requirement is to read the contents of a fixed length file and validate the same. But am not able to read the contents of the file and when i tried it to print i get <blank> as an output... I used the below satatements for printing the contents ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from config file and use it in perl program

Hi, I want to configure some values in config file like below work_dir /home/work csv_dir /home/csv sql_dir /home/sqls reportfirst yes and i want to store each value in variable to use it further in my my perl program ?? any thought on this(i am new to perl) ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Read array from a flat file

Hello Guru's I want to read an array into a flatfile Please let me know how to do the same So far this the below code use strict; use warnings; open (my $data , '<', $ARGV)|| die "could not open $ARGV:\n$!"; my @array=(<$data>); my @sorted=sort... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Data from Config file using Perl

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me how to read data from config file in Perl. Suppose i have a config file named cfile. The data in config file is name=parth lname=mittal user=2007 hostname=fluoride username=parthmittal password=XXXXXX account=unix url=www.unix.com ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write the dates between 2 dates into a file

Hi All, I am trying to print the dates that falls between 2 date variables into a file. Here is the example. $BUS_DATE =20120616 $SUB_DATE=20120613 Output to file abc.txt should be : 20120613,20120614,120120615,20120616 Can you pls help me accomplish this in LINUX. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl write and read on same file

Hi, I am trying to do a write operation followed by a read operation on the same file through Perl, expecting the output produced by read to contain the new lines added, as follows: #! /usr/bin/perl -w open FH, "+< testfile" or die "$@"; print FH "New content added\n"; while (my $line =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/write perl file

Hi I am trying to build a web form where it can take the input from the user and write it to a file. And when I will open that form again that for should read the file that was created at the 1st step and all the fields should auto populate from that file. I have 20 text fields in my form. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
menu_post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)