Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with spawn.. newbie to shell Post 302810137 by shreedhar.rk123 on Tuesday 21st of May 2013 08:00:51 AM
Old 05-21-2013
you have not given the ip and also check the syntax

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Newbie

I'm relatively new at this scripting game, just need to learn some basic stuff for data handling. My current need is to write a script that loops through a textfile of filenames, and for each file removes the first line and re-writes that file to a new name. In fact I could do with knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattyjim2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - shell script newbie

My problem looks like it should have a simple solution but it seems that after many days of research I cannot find a good solution. What I have is an input file that contains lines of information. What I need is to extract specific information from that file. What I know is that somewhere in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eback
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for getting pid of spawn processes from shell

Hi, I am new this forum. I request you peoples help in understanding and finding some solution to my problem. Here it goes: I need to perform this set of actions by writing a shell script. I need to read a config file for the bunch of processes to execute. I need to fecth the pid of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin4sachi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help -I'm a newbie

Can someone help me write this shell script? I am completely new to shell and as a fun task my uncle has challenged me a problem (out of all other people). Basically, all he wants me to do is to create backup file in a folder that is named “disables.” This is what he said: create a shell script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotcutiepie05
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting NEWBIE - Need Help

Could someone please recommend a very good shell scripting book for me. I would be starting a new job that would require a very good understanding of shell scripting. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayoka
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for a newbie

Hello all, I want to write a shell script to list the contents of a directory and number them and write them to a file. For example, if I have a directory temp and the contents of the directory are alpha, beta and gamma. I want to write these filenames to a file "test" in a numbered manner. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Newbie

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script to run multiple jobs in sequence. Explaination - If I were to run each jobs individually I would have gone to folder - "abin"(where my shellscript is place) as follows cd abin abin > runappeng.sh abc001 Now, I have list of programs which are like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaits84
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn sftp and Shell commands

Hi everyone, I'm no killer in shell scripting, that is why I've searched and found a little script that explained how to do what I wanted to do : a FTP transfer from distant servers. I adapted it cause as such, it didn't work. As I needed to do some very simple shell commands (erase and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mederik
2 Replies

10. Programming

Help needed to Spawn Shell on Python and Continue Execution

def gob(url): print "\n\t Running gobuster on target." params = " -e -s '307,200,204,301,302' -t 20 -u " + url + " >> /tmp/%s/gobuster.txt" % (ip) os.system("xterm -e bash -c "tail -f /tmp/%/gobuster.txt"") for i in bflist: dirbf = "gobuster -w " + i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
PODCHECKER(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					     PODCHECKER(1)

NAME
podchecker - check the syntax of POD format documentation files SYNOPSIS
podchecker [-help] [-man] [-(no)warnings] [file ...] OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
-help Print a brief help message and exit. -man Print the manual page and exit. -warnings -nowarnings Turn on/off printing of warnings. Repeating -warnings increases the warning level, i.e. more warnings are printed. Currently increasing to level two causes flagging of unescaped "<,>" characters. file The pathname of a POD file to syntax-check (defaults to standard input). DESCRIPTION
podchecker will read the given input files looking for POD syntax errors in the POD documentation and will print any errors it find to STDERR. At the end, it will print a status message indicating the number of errors found. Directories are ignored, an appropriate warning message is printed. podchecker invokes the podchecker() function exported by Pod::Checker Please see "podchecker()" in Pod::Checker for more details. RETURN VALUE
podchecker returns a 0 (zero) exit status if all specified POD files are ok. ERRORS
podchecker returns the exit status 1 if at least one of the given POD files has syntax errors. The status 2 indicates that at least one of the specified files does not contain any POD commands. Status 1 overrides status 2. If you want unambiguous results, call podchecker with one single argument only. SEE ALSO
Pod::Parser and Pod::Checker AUTHORS
Please report bugs using <http://rt.cpan.org>. Brad Appleton <bradapp@enteract.com>, Marek Rouchal <marekr@cpan.org> Based on code for Pod::Text::pod2text(1) written by Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> perl v5.12.5 2013-08-25 PODCHECKER(1)