Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating array with non-duplicate / unique elements in ksh Post 302809845 by sanzee007 on Monday 20th of May 2013 11:45:30 PM
Old 05-21-2013
Creating array with non-duplicate / unique elements in ksh

Hi all,
I have created 3 arrays which can have common elements in each like-
arr_a contains str1 str2 str3 str4 str5
arr_b contains str3 str6 str7 str1 str8
arr_c contains str4 str9 str10 str2

each array is created with "set -A arr_name values" command. I want to create a resultant array-say arr_a, which will contain the merging of the above 3 arrays without any duplicate elements like-
arr_a str1 str2 str3 str4 str5 str6 str7 str8 str9 str10

I can merge the array with the same 'set -A arr_a ${arr_a[*]} ${arr_b[*]} ${arr_c[*]}' command, however it contains duplicate elements. Is ther any option i can provide with 'set' to create array with unique elements??

Considering looping is not the right option as the time complexity will directly proportional to the total elements in individual array. So please consider this while providing input.

thanks in advance for the replies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array in ksh

Hi, Is it possible to create a dynamic array in shell script. I am trying to get the list of logfiles that created that day and put it in a dynamic array. I am not sure about it. help me New to scripting Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To return the elements of array

Hi, Please can someone help to return the array elements from a function. Currently the problem I face is that tempValue stores the value in myValue as a string while I need an array of values to be returned instead of string. Many Thanks, Sudhakar the function called is: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an Array in KSH from output (stdout)

Using Cygwin PDksh - But also have tested it on Linux with same results ---- I have a script that invokes a program/script and returns a string of data (1234 "12 34 56" 6789) and using "set -A" inserting it into an array. script code snipit >> get_array=$(php... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos25
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check duplicate elements

hi if i have arry with lots of intergers , how to check if there is duplicate integers in perl ? say I ahve @intergers=( 1,2,3,3,4,5,4,99,99,100) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james94538
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with replacing Array elements

Hi, I have an array containing following sample information @array = qw (chr02 chr02 chr02 chr02 chr02 chr03 chr03 chr04 chr04 chr05 chr05 chr05 chr07 chr07) I need to replace all duplicate entries by an underscore to get the following output@array = qw (chr02 _ _ _ _ chr03 _ chr04 _ chr05 _ _... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing elements from an array

Hi I have two arrays : @arcb= (450,625,720,645); @arca=(625,645); I need to remove the elements of @arca from elements of @arcb so that the content of @arcb will be (450,720). Can anyone sugget me how to perform this operation? The code I have used is this : my @arcb=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging tables: identifiying common and unique elements

Hi all, I know how to merge two tables and to remove the duplicated lines based on a field (Column 2) . My next challenge is to be able to identify in a new column those common elements between table A & B, those elements in table A not present in table B and vice versa. A simple count would be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantome
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading the array and sum of the array elements

Hi All, need help with reading the array and sum of the array elements. given an array of integers of size N . You need to print the sum of the elements in the array, keeping in mind that some of those integers may be quite large. Input Format The first line of the input consists of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: count unique elements in a field and sum their occurence across the entire file

Hi, Sure it's an easy one, but it drives me insane. input ("|" separated): 1|A,B,C,A 2|A,D,D 3|A,B,B I would like to count the occurence of each capital letters in $2 across the entire file, knowing that duplicates in each record count as 1. I am trying to get this output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get unique elements from Array

I have an array code and output is below: echo $1 while read -r fline; do echo "%%%%%%$fline%%%%%" fmy_array+=("$fline") done <<< "$1" Output: CR30903 YU0007 SRIL CR30903 Yogesh SRIL %%%%%%CR30903 YU0007 SRIL%%%%% %%%%%%CR30903 Yogesh SRIL%%%%% ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
XML::LibXML::Error(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     XML::LibXML::Error(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Error - Structured Errors SYNOPSIS
eval { ... }; if (ref($@)) { # handle a structured error (XML::LibXML::Error object) } elsif ($@) { # error, but not an XML::LibXML::Error object } else { # no error } $XML::LibXML::Error::WARNINGS=1; $message = $@->as_string(); print $@->dump(); $error_domain = $@->domain(); $error_code = $@->code(); $error_message = $@->message(); $error_level = $@->level(); $filename = $@->file(); $line = $@->line(); $nodename = $@->nodename(); $error_str1 = $@->str1(); $error_str2 = $@->str2(); $error_str3 = $@->str3(); $error_num1 = $@->num1(); $error_num2 = $@->num2(); $string = $@->context(); $offset = $@->column(); $previous_error = $@->_prev(); DESCRIPTION
The XML::LibXML::Error class is a tiny frontend to libxml2's structured error support. If XML::LibXML is compied with structured error support, all errors reported by libxml2 are transformed to XML::LibXML:Error objects. These objects automatically serialize to the corresponding error messages when printed or used in a string operation, but as objects, can also be used to get a detailed and structured information about the error that occurred. Unlike most other XML::LibXML objects, XML::LibXML::Error doesn't wrap an underlying libxml2 structure directly, but rather transforms it to a blessed Perl hash reference containing the individual fields of the structured error information as hash key-value pairs. Individual items (fields) of a structured error can either be obtained directly as $@->{field}, or using autoloaded methods such as as $@->field() (where field is the field name). XML::LibXML::Error objects have the following fields: domain, code, level, file, line, nodename, message, str1, str2, str3, num1, num2, and _prev (some of them may be undefined). $XML::LibXML::Error::WARNINGS $XML::LibXML::Error::WARNINGS=1; Traditionally, XML::LibXML was supressing parser warnings by setting libxml2's global variable xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue to 0. Since 1.70 we do not change libxml2's global variables anymore; for backward compatibility, XML::LibXML suppresses warnings. This variable can be set to 1 to enable reporting of these warnings via Perl "warn" and to 2 to report hem via "die". $message = $@->as_string(); This functions takes serializes a XML::LibXML::Error object to a string containing the full error message close to the message produced by libxml2 default error handlers and tools like xmllint. This method is also used to overload "" operator on XML::LibXML::Error, so it is automatically called whenever XML::LibXML::Error object is treated as a string (e.g. in print $@). dump print $@->dump(); This function serializes a XML::LibXML::Error to a string displaying all fields of the error structure individually on separate lines of the form 'name' => 'value'. domain $error_domain = $@->domain(); Returns string containing information about what part of the library raised the error. Can be one of: "parser", "tree", "namespace", "validity", "HTML parser", "memory", "output", "I/O", "ftp", "http", "XInclude", "XPath", "xpointer", "regexp", "Schemas datatype", "Schemas parser", "Schemas validity", "Relax-NG parser", "Relax-NG validity", "Catalog", "C14N", "XSLT", "validity". code $error_code = $@->code(); Returns the actual libxml2 error code. The XML::LibXML::ErrNo module defines constants for individual error codes. Currently libxml2 uses over 480 different error codes. message $error_message = $@->message(); Returns a human-readable informative error message. level $error_level = $@->level(); Returns an integer value describing how consequent is the error. XML::LibXML::Error defines the following constants: o XML_ERR_NONE = 0 o XML_ERR_WARNING = 1 : A simple warning. o XML_ERR_ERROR = 2 : A recoverable error. o XML_ERR_FATAL = 3 : A fatal error. file $filename = $@->file(); Returns the filename of the file being processed while the error occurred. line $line = $@->line(); The line number, if available. nodename $nodename = $@->nodename(); Name of the node where error occurred, if available. When this field is non-empty, libxml2 actually returned a physical pointer to the specified node. Due to memory management issues, it is very difficult to implement a way to expose the pointer to the Perl level as a XML::LibXML::Node. For this reason, XML::LibXML::Error currently only exposes the name the node. str1 $error_str1 = $@->str1(); Error specific. Extra string information. str2 $error_str2 = $@->str2(); Error specific. Extra string information. str3 $error_str3 = $@->str3(); Error specific. Extra string information. num1 $error_num1 = $@->num1(); Error specific. Extra numeric information. num2 $error_num2 = $@->num2(); In recent libxml2 versions, this value contains a column number of the error or 0 if N/A. context $string = $@->context(); For parsing errors, this field contains about 80 characters of the XML near the place where the error occurred. The field "$@->column()" contains the corresponding offset. Where N/A, the field is undefined. column $offset = $@->column(); See "$@->column()" above. _prev $previous_error = $@->_prev(); This field can possibly hold a reference to another XML::LibXML::Error object representing an error which occurred just before this error. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
1.70 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-07 XML::LibXML::Error(3)